shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What You Need To Get Started In Digital Scrapbooking

programs

photoshop elements 5, photoshop 7, and cs2.......most familiar with 7.....has been a while since I've worked with these packages but have manuals to support.....thanks.....it won't kill us but make us both stronger......

2. Smile

Hello, my name is Rosario, I' m Uruguay citizen, my lenguage is spanish I' a lot of dificulties for undestan you and you understand me. So I go to write un my lenguage:

Hola, me llamo Rosario, y soy Uruguaya. Uruguay es un pequeño paìs, al sur de sudamerica. Mi lengua es el español y temo que me sea dificil comunicarme con ustedes aunque quisiera poder integrarme al grupo.

El programa que uso hace años es el Pain shop pro en sus diversas versiones hasta la versión nueve, que es la que más uso...

He confeccionado scraps, a partir de lo que he podido ver en la net y de lo que conozco del manejo de dicho programa.

Los scraps que he hecho son para mi uso personal y para otras chicas del foro de taggers de psp al que frecuento...

Me encanta lo que he descuierto con el scrapooking para hacer mis tags...
    No sé qué más decirles...
    Un gusto estar acá y saludos a todas.

Hola Rosario,
    Yo comprendo un poco espanol. Real basic lol. Bienvenido a GDS y optimistamente otra persona podrá ayudarle mejor que puedo.

Heres what she said, well not exactly but after its translated.

Hello, I call me Rosary, and I am Uruguayan. Uruguay is a small one paìs, to the south of sudamerica. My tongue is Spanish and I am afraid that be me dificil to communicate me with you although wanted to be able to integrate me to the group.

The program that use years ago is the Pain shop for in its diverse versions to the version nine, that is the one that more use...

I have concocted scraps, from what I have been able to see in the net and of what I know of the management of said program.

The scraps that have done are for my personal use and for other girls of the forum of taggers of psp to which I frequent...

I love what there I am descuierto with the scrapooking to do my tags... I do not know what more to tell them... A flavor to be here and greetings to all.

Thanks...

sorry but i can only understand english....it was very nice of you to answer .... i ask questions on here and other sites but don't get many answers....

thanks, teresa

5. I have a kind of newbie question, I hope you experienced ladies can give me some advice. I've been doing digital scrapping for about 6 months, but just got DSL last week... well, as my daughter said, "If you give a mom a modem..." LOL! So you can imagine what I've been doing the past week LOL! Now moving right along --- golly, my new-last-year-computer with 80GB Hard Drive is suddenly amazing almost full I've been backing up my files religiously to DVDs (yes, and checking the dvds to be sure the files are really there!) -- that's fine for backup, but can't see scrapping from a stack of DVDs & figure its time to get an external Hard Drive to move my kits & photos to. Can anyone give me any recommendations here? I saw one on Amazon.com by Iomega, 500GB, abt. $115. Is that a good price? A good drive? Anything else I need to know????

Thanks!
    Margaret

Larger Hard Drive

You could go with the external hard drive or keep backing up your files....I installed a bigger hard drive and then reinstalled the files I wanted. I don't like working with CD's and then have to still reinstall to extract the files. I'm not to great yet the digital scrapbooking but I'm trying too. I have SOOOOO many stickers, inks, stamps, supplies, etc. that I need to use them since I have so much invested in them. My supply is so large I won't run out for a while. Want to do one book just for digital while still working on the traditional scrapbooking......

Teresa

7. Quote Originally Posted by sundial1999 View Post
    You could go with the external hard drive or keep backing up your files....I installed a bigger hard drive and then reinstalled the files I wanted. I don't like working with CD's and then have to still reinstall to extract the files. I'm not to great yet the digital scrapbooking but I'm trying too. I have SOOOOO many stickers, inks, stamps, supplies, etc. that I need to use them since I have so much invested in them. My supply is so large I won't run out for a while. Want to do one book just for digital while still working on the traditional scrapbooking......

Teresa

Install a bigger hard drive??? In my computer???? Like instead of the one I already have there???? (OK who can tell I'm clueless here? LOL!!!) Then you have to reinstall the gazillion programs & files you already had there, no? Isn't that kind of like gutting the whole house & renovating when all you really want is one more big closet added on???? Can you explain further?

Is there a downside to moving scrapbooking files to an external hard drive? I really know *nothing* about this -- except that I've got less than 5gb of space left on my C drive, so I've got to do *something*! I already have my files backed up on DVDs but can't imagine scrapping from there --- switching back & forth among a stack of DVDs looking for *that* paper.. and then again for *that* frame... and again for *that other* frame... etc.....

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Stash Empress View Post
    Install a bigger hard drive??? In my computer???? Like instead of the one I already have there???? (OK who can tell I'm clueless here? LOL!!!) Then you have to reinstall the gazillion programs & files you already had there, no? Isn't that kind of like gutting the whole house & renovating when all you really want is one more big closet added on???? Can you explain further?

Is there a downside to moving scrapbooking files to an external hard drive? I really know *nothing* about this -- except that I've got less than 5gb of space left on my C drive, so I've got to do *something*! I already have my files backed up on DVDs but can't imagine scrapping from there --- switching back & forth among a stack of DVDs looking for *that* paper.. and then again for *that* frame... and again for *that other* frame... etc.....

Margaret
    Ok, my advice may be different to other people's, but comes from experience! lol!! Originally, I had an external hard drive for the very same reason as you - my internal hard drive was chock-a-block full. However, that crashed and it cost me a small fortune to retrieve everything!!

Anyway, the advice I then got was, unless you need your extra hard drive to be moveable (ie between a laptop/desktop etc which it doesn't sound as though you need), then an extra internal hard drive is better as it is more reliable and they are less likely to fail.

So, that is what I have - my original internal hard drive has all of my programmes on it, and the new one has all of my files. So, you don't need to reinstall anything at all.

HTH :)

9. Quote Originally Posted by twirlyjoy View Post
    Ok, my advice may be different to other people's, but comes from experience! lol!! Originally, I had an external hard drive for the very same reason as you - my internal hard drive was chock-a-block full. However, that crashed and it cost me a small fortune to retrieve everything!!

Anyway, the advice I then got was, unless you need your extra hard drive to be moveable (ie between a laptop/desktop etc which it doesn't sound as though you need), then an extra internal hard drive is better as it is more reliable and they are less likely to fail.

So, that is what I have - my original internal hard drive has all of my programmes on it, and the new one has all of my files. So, you don't need to reinstall anything at all.

HTH :)
    OHhhhhh -- you mean get a *second* internal hard drive -- not replace the existing one.... ahhhh... much better... I think.... OK -- so this sounds like you have to send the computer into the shop kind of job, right? About how much does it cost to put in a 2nd internal HD (compared to the price of an external HD that you take out of the box & plug in yourself)???

As for the external ones crashing -- but didn't you have those files backed up onto CDs or DVDs? I know everyone talks about the high cost of data retrieval... so I'm guessing I'm missing something here & its something more involved than copying over from a stack of DVDs???

(Our first computer had a hard drive of all of 2MB -- yes, those are "m"s & not "g"s that was about 15yrs ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Stash Empress View Post
    OHhhhhh -- you mean get a *second* internal hard drive -- not replace the existing one.... ahhhh... much better... I think.... OK -- so this sounds like you have to send the computer into the shop kind of job, right? About how much does it cost to put in a 2nd internal HD (compared to the price of an external HD that you take out of the box & plug in yourself)???

As for the external ones crashing -- but didn't you have those files backed up onto CDs or DVDs? I know everyone talks about the high cost of data retrieval... so I'm guessing I'm missing something here & its something more involved than copying over from a stack of DVDs???
    Getting the internal one fitted was cheaper than buying a new external one, but that might be different over there to here!

As far as having my stuff backed up, I had most of it backed up, but not the most recent photos which were of my dd's Christmas play - my routine was to back up at the end of the month, but that meant that everything during that month was lost :(

Also, when they do the data retrieval, they have to scan to retrieve EVERYTHING - I couldn't say "I only want you to scan for my Christmas play photos and not anything else" - and I had a 250 GB external hard drive, so they had to scan all of it. This may be different for other types of faults, but it was the case for me!!

Now, I have my 2 internal hard drives which have 1 copy of everything on, my external hard drive (which they managed to fix!) with another copy of everything which I back up to at the end of every day, and another 2 copies on Cds.