shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What You Need To Get Started In Digital Scrapbooking

Hi my name is Julie and i started with cross stitching then move onto to lei making with yarns, jewelry beading and now trying to scrapbooking..........but before even starting digital scrapbooking i actually just started doing an album but I just been kind of looking for ideas of layouts to do because I want to put all my photos in an album. Right now i have them in a photo box. I love trying out new things to keep me busy on my spare time.
    Last edited by honu69; 10-23-2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: my keyboard was acting up kind of punky earlier today.

Intro

Hello Everyone. Im new here! I found this site off someones blog and I love it. I have been scrapbooking for five years and digial scrapping for a year now. As of reading the fourms I just now heard of tablets,AHHHH. I have a new item in my wishlist! lol. I hope to get to know you ladies and join in the challenges soon.

HI There and Welcome to GDS! So glad you found us and can't wait to see you around and check out your layouts!!

Welcome! The challenges are so fun here, and the designers always have wonderful bonuses for participating. Can't wait to see your layouts in the gallery!

5. Hello Everyone

I am not new to paint shop pro or photo shop but I am new to scrapbooking. I was basically using my programs for digital layouts and photo enhancements. i wanderer onto a site recommended by a member of one of my groups and I was hooked bad. I love this stuff and want to learn more like using the grey templates. So I hope I can get started and start filling up scrap books.

I currently use Creative Memories Software, but am looking for something that will help write text in a curve or curve and save it as eitehr a .jpeg or a .png also interested in what people know of GIMP as I am looking at using it on my laptop if it will run on less RAM and processor speed... my laptop is old but it is what I have..
    ~Cariann~SAHM to Cameron and Nathan: Hybrid Scrapping Mom

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsblood View Post
    I am not new to paint shop pro or photo shop but I am new to scrapbooking. I was basically using my programs for digital layouts and photo enhancements. i wanderer onto a site recommended by a member of one of my groups and I was hooked bad. I love this stuff and want to learn more like using the grey templates. So I hope I can get started and start filling up scrap books.
    Hi! Have you visited our tutorials section? We have some on how to use templates :)
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcariann View Post
    I currently use Creative Memories Software, but am looking for something that will help write text in a curve or curve and save it as eitehr a .jpeg or a .png also interested in what people know of GIMP as I am looking at using it on my laptop if it will run on less RAM and processor speed... my laptop is old but it is what I have..
    Hi, we have a tutorial on doing your first layout in GIMP. I'm not familiar with it enough to know whether you can do "Text on a Path" or save things as .jpgs or .pngs. Photoshop Elements (PSE) does do the saving you want but doesn't do the Text on the Path. Andrea has designs some products that you can use with PSE to do this for certain shapes. The full blown Photoshop or Photoshop CS2/3 packages will certainly allow you to do all that you are hoping :)
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

welcome

I didn't get the welcome kit or deleted it without knowing what it was....I have everything I need but motivation and knowledge....HELP.....I have tried several sites but it's hard to get someone to point me in the right direction. I have seen some beautiful layouts and I want to be a part of that.....Please help out the new kid on the block....

Teresa sundial1999@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by sundial1999 View Post
    I didn't get the welcome kit or deleted it without knowing what it was....I have everything I need but motivation and knowledge....HELP.....I have tried several sites but it's hard to get someone to point me in the right direction. I have seen some beautiful layouts and I want to be a part of that.....Please help out the new kid on the block....

Teresa sundial1999@yahoo.com
    Hi Teresa and Welcome to GDS!

I am going to hold your hand and get you through this even if it kills us both

First things first.... What program do you have to scrap with?