shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What You Need To Get Started In Digital Scrapbooking

Hybrid View

What You Need To Get Started In Digital Scrapbooking

Congratulations on making the big decision to GO Digital!

So, let's get started!

Equipment/Software needed for Digital Scrapbooking:
    • Computer with at least 256 KB RAM; Mac or Windows operating system.
    • Digital Imaging Software that supports layers, such as Corel Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop / Photoshop Elements. (Note: All of these have 30 day free trial downloads ). Another new and free package to try out is called GIMP.

• Photos available on your computer system, either by scanning or by importing digital photographs.
    • The Welcome Kit you received when you registered here!
    • Tutorials! You can find tutorials here.

Optional Equipment/Software helpful when Digital Scrapbooking:
    • Organizing software: ADCSee is the perfect solution for this task. Find out more information and download a free trial by clicking on the image below.

• Photo quality printer and photo paper, if you want to print your layouts.
    • A Wacom Tablet for fun & artistic use as well as easier extractions, etc.
    Last edited by HollyS; 05-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.

2. Hi,

I just registered. How do I get the free kit? Am very eager to get started.
    Thanks + regards.

Lisa

Lisa, I think it comes to your email address .

Yes that's correct Melanie. The welcome email you received from us has a link to download the welcome kit :)
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

can't remember getting one, off to check the email.. sure hope I kept it..thanks

I just registered and your site sent me an email that had a link in it to the free kit.

This is actually my first post here! Nice place! I'm just searching for info!!

Thanks Much! I did drop off some bucks too!! ;) lol! I had to! I just had to!

I just signed up too, and trying to navigate around and get acquainted. I saw the information about Wacom Tablet, can anyone tell me which one is the best to get? I noticed there are different sizes, 4x5 or 6x8 and maybe a word or two of how easy they are to work with. I do many of my own graphics and to plug them into a form to be able to use them on my scrapbook pages would be wonderful without having to deal with vector manipulation, would certainly make me happy. Finding this site most interesting, most knowledge friendly and a good place to talk about scrapbook pages. I just got my copy of Adobe Photo Elements and hope to start putting together my own pages. Any suggestions or advice most welcome. I will continue checking the Resources, Beginner section. Excited scapper!

8. Can you use DIP9 while doing these LO's? I am really wanting to learn what you all are doing, but I don't have the suggested programs.

Michelle

I don't use it but I sure have heard of others using it so I don't see why not... remember too that there are 30 free trials so you can try out the programs before purchasing :)

10. I currently have Paint Shop Pro but have been considering Photo Impact or Photo Shop. Thanks for these tips, I am gonna be busy reading. I make signature tags now and do paper & glue scrapkits but really want to start digital scrapbooking. I have been saying for over two years that I am going to learn...now I am gonna make myself do it.