shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What You Need To Get Started In Digital Scrapbooking

1. Gimp help

Is there anyone out there that uses Gimp?????

I downloaded Gimp as i'm using serif digital scrapbook artist at the mo and find it REALLY basic, It loaded fab after downloading but now refuses to load past the fonts bit, HELP!!!!!

I'm still new to digi scraping but really love it and want to be able to try using templates etc but can't get them to work on serif loved gimp when i actually got to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by kmshep01 View Post
    Is there anyone out there that uses Gimp?????

I downloaded Gimp as i'm using serif digital scrapbook artist at the mo and find it REALLY basic, It loaded fab after downloading but now refuses to load past the fonts bit, HELP!!!!!

I'm still new to digi scraping but really love it and want to be able to try using templates etc but can't get them to work on serif loved gimp when i actually got to use it.
    Did you ever get your problem with your software resolved? Hope you're doing ok! I just noticed this message ... sorry ...!

Hope you're busy scrapping as I type!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by SparkysGirl View Post
    Did you ever get your problem with your software resolved? Hope you're doing ok! I just noticed this message ... sorry ...!

Hope you're busy scrapping as I type!!!!

No it just doesn't like me, tried downloading it again etc but no luck. Trying to convince hubby that i NEED ADOBE.CREATIVE.SUITE.5 so fingers crossed he'll take pitty on me. I have some lovely templates that i want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by kmshep01 View Post
    No it just doesn't like me, tried downloading it again etc but no luck. Trying to convince hubby that i NEED ADOBE.CREATIVE.SUITE.5 so fingers crossed he'll take pitty on me. I have some lovely templates that i want to use.
    Did you know that you can download a 30 day trial for free at the Adobe site? Maybe that will get you through till you get your software. Plus, you might find Photoshop Elements to be exactly what you need without the huge price. I have both ... but, I'm very new to CS5. I find that 90% of the time I fall back on PSE7. I'm hoping to take the Intermediate class from Andrea in July. Good luck!!!!!

I would totally suggest that! Great reference Lisa. In downloading the 30-day trial, I'd make sure you have enough time set aside so you really get the full benefit of testing the program and the time it takes to learn it. It's pretty much what you might call an "industry standard" now along with Photoshop Elements, which is cheaper than buying the whole CS bundle. A lot of people start off with "Elements" and it's a totally great way to start

I'm not familiar with the GIMP application, so I'm sorry, but I can't help you out with that. Hopefully you will find something within your budget that you can use, because it does open some wonderful doors that's for sure! Good luck!