shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Avatars

Are there any tuts out there on how to create an avatar and how to save it so that it is small and not large like the los we post? Also, where to save it to? I don't see any avatars uploaded to the gallery!

I think I figured it out!!

It looks good Anna. Great job.

so now that I've figured out how to do a square avatar, any hints on making a round one???

Hi, I'll be back to post some help for you :) I'm out of town and without my supplies at the moment.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Love the new avatar Anna!
    I used a flair button to make my avatar.
    I save this as a .png file to keep the transparent background and the circular shape.

You can trim your image as a circle, by changing the selection tool from a square/rectangular shape to a circular shape -- or using a circle shape you already have as a clipping mask. Just be sure to save as a .png and you should be good to go

Anna,
    There are lots of tuts online around about, and you should be able to find one that gives some directions. I found a Photoshop tut for making glass orbs (for website design, but perfectly applicable to digiscrapping purposes) here:
    http://www.absolutecross.com/tutoria...aces/lcd-orbs/

That's what I used for my new avatar, just adding the butterfly and text underneath the transparent dome. If you're using PSE, the same things may be possible, just found in a different place in the menus.

Thanks for all the help ladies. You all are the best.