shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Page wish

Quick Page wish

I may be the only one, but I wish people would make quick pages in more sizes than brag book or 12 by 12. I generally work with 8.5 by 11 with occasional forays into other sizes. 12 by 12 is my least prefered size for numerous reasons, but it seems that is the only size people use to make quick pages.

I love Andrea Gold's templates b/c they come in three sizes -- would someone please do that for quick pages too?

wife, mother of 2 children and three cats

Well, I think the main reason that most QPs are in 12 x 12 is that it is the most versatile size. Any 12 x 12 QP can be changed in size to any other square, so it can fit a variety of album sizes. Maybe you could see if there's any interest in starting an 81/2 x 11 QP exchange.
    Mari

Proudly CT for:

Quote Originally Posted by scrapmami View Post
    Well, I think the main reason that most QPs are in 12 x 12 is that it is the most versatile size. Any 12 x 12 QP can be changed in size to any other square, so it can fit a variety of album sizes. Maybe you could see if there's any interest in starting an 81/2 x 11 QP exchange.
    Well i was wondering about that myself? 12 x 12.
    can anyone tell mehowi can change that to 8x8.
    Iwanted to do some for xmas , But 12 x 12 is so big and the albums are more expensive??
    maggie

In Photoshop, the shortcut is Alt-Ctrl-I (or go to Image, then click on Image Size) and you should see this screen:

As long as Constrain Proportions is checked, you should just have to change either the width or the height to the amount of inches you want and the other value will automatically change to remain a square. Whenever I use QPs, I always resize them to 8 x 8 for printing purposes, but I always make them 12 x 12 just in case.

Hope this helps! :)
    Mari

Proudly CT for:

Maggie,
    If you're sending your LO to print (by uploading or whatever), you can specify the output size with the vendor.

If you want to permanently change the output size in your program, you need to go to whatever menu item in your application covers the image and canvas size. In Photoshop, that's Image--Image Size. You can change one dimension and keep the proportionality and resolution the same. Just be sure you keep the options checked for "Scale Styles" "Constrain Proportions" and "Resample Image". If you're using PE, I think it's pretty much the same. Other programs will have their own names, but you should be able to find the correct settings.

If you're having trouble, post again, and specify your program so we can help.
    Dona

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Maggie,
    If you're sending your LO to print (by uploading or whatever), you can specify the output size with the vendor.

If you want to permanently change the output size in your program, you need to go to whatever menu item in your application covers the image and canvas size. In Photoshop, that's Image--Image Size. You can change one dimension and keep the proportionality and resolution the same. Just be sure you keep the options checked for "Scale Styles" "Constrain Proportions" and "Resample Image". If you're using PE, I think it's pretty much the same. Other programs will have their own names, but you should be able to find the correct settings.

If you're having trouble, post again, and specify your program so we can help.
    Dona
    Thankyou, thats great now i would like to make an 8x8 Finished Album. I am still preparing my QP's 12x12 can i bring them to the image size and type in 8x8 is there something about Bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by landofoz View Post
    Thankyou, thats great now i would like to make an 8x8 Finished Album. I am still preparing my QP's 12x12 can i bring them to the image size and type in 8x8 is there something about Bleed?
    Sorry i am using CS4

8. Quote Originally Posted by landofoz View Post
    When generating your final output .jpg for printing at the highest resolution is when you want to resize to 8x8. You might want to leave the original at 12x12 just in case.

As for bleed, depends on where you are going to have them printed. Some services will tell you exactly what you need to do to allow for bleed. Our printing service doesn't require any special settings by you and we ensure the print looks like what you saved the .jpg as and does not print a white border around the print to do so. :)
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

QP size

Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    When generating your final output .jpg for printing at the highest resolution is when you want to resize to 8x8. You might want to leave the original at 12x12 just in case.

As for bleed, depends on where you are going to have them printed. Some services will tell you exactly what you need to do to allow for bleed. Our printing service doesn't require any special settings by you and we ensure the print looks like what you saved the .jpg as and does not print a white border around the print to do so. :)
    Thankyou very much

Do we have a printing service?

maggie

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldsong View Post
    I may be the only one, but I wish people would make quick pages in more sizes than brag book or 12 by 12. I generally work with 8.5 by 11 with occasional forays into other sizes. 12 by 12 is my least prefered size for numerous reasons, but it seems that is the only size people use to make quick pages.

I love Andrea Gold's templates b/c they come in three sizes -- would someone please do that for quick pages too?
    Hi ,i am glad you asked the Question.
    I needed to know that. Are you from Ireland?
    maggie PS I am!