shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you spurlge on?

What do you spurlge on?

Was replying to another thread that we are the sort of family that save and pinch on everything, and then spurlge on holidays!

Well, i don't really mean spurlge, we stay in budget hotels and take public transport, but we go on holidays whenever we have some savings!

So what do you spurlge on?

2. I don't really buy clothes, shoes etc. I love to eat out. So that is something I splurge on. I also sometimes splurge on candles...I love Yankee Candle.

We splurge on eating out too!!! I prefer some one else to do the dishes whenever possible... LOL

Camera stuff, lenses and what not. I am hopeless....I just bought another lens the other day too!

Whenever we have saved up enough money, we like to splurge on things for the house - several years ago we saved up and splurged on an above ground pool. Then a couple years ago we splurged and rebuilt our back deck, adding a second level that wraps around about 1/4 of the pool. And when we need new furniture we splurge on the good wood stuff (rather than that pressed board stuff you have to put together). So, I guess we are kinda borring, but that's us, LOL

boring??? ha! how do you ever save that much up? well I usually splurge on the house too but nothing like ckmommy. Ive only been married 1.5 years and we dident have an wedding so I am still puting an home togather. neither of us make much so its slow going. I say "oh! look at this" and DH says "no". LOL! makes it hard to get things don.

What fantastic home improvements you've managed to splurge on, Melanie! I'm jealous!! My DH is just like you Rebecca, he only splurges on cameras and tennis rackets, I really don't mind the camera bit, !

8. *clothes, disney dvds, whatever else for my kiddies
    * shoes, purses (i love them)

hhmmm I'm not great at saving (being a single Mum, I don't have much to save!) but when I do get some 'spare' money, it goes on stuff for the house - I love re-decorating and am in the process of doing my eldest dd's room - going from kiddie room to one a bit more grown-up!

Also, on a smaller scale, it tends to be things for the girls - they were all treated to a pair of heelys each a few weeks back, and today its a day out shopping, and to the cinema.

Garden stuff! Seeds, watering wands, pots, flowers...I love them all. I spend way more on my garden than on my scrapbooks! My husband will ask me if I put in some more flowers and I just give him that "I don't know what you are talking about" look!