shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Speed Scrap with Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by j_camargo6 View Post
    Basically, we all get together, and I (or whoever is hosting) give you all a prompt about what to do on your layout, every ten minutes, for example: use 3 papers, one patterned and 2 solids. Sometimes where and how you actually USE them on the layout is up to you, and sometimes following prompts give you that information. ALL you need to come to a speed scrap is an appreciation for ARTISTIC INTERPRETATION, . All of the prompts are guidelines given to help you try some new things or get out of your comfort zone....they're not absolutes, and the only thing that disqualifies you from receiving the posting bonus, is NOT finishing up and posting your layout. Alot of my FAVORITE layouts have resulted from speed scraps because you don't have time to analyze your choices...you go with your gut, and a lot of times, those pages are phenomenal.

Anyway, after the 7 prompts, you then have ONE hour to finish up your layout, post it in the gallery and post in the Speed scrap thread! That's all there is to it.

I must say that I am known for being a bit difficult when it comes to Speed Scraps. I like to shake things up and throw a few curve balls. But I've promised to behave this time and be mild, so it's a perfect opportunity to come get your feet wet! There's lots of fun conversation and you get to know and enjoy the community here at GDS.

Hope to see you there!

PS..I'll give you some basic instructions about the photo mask, and there are LOTs of talented ladies who will be there, that will have LOTs of info!
    Thanks for answering my question in such detail Jenn. I think I will give it a try and see how well I can still take directions. It will definitely be interesting to scrap by instinct only. I've been wanting to learn how to put masks to use too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2SparkleOn View Post
    Thanks for answering my question in such detail Jenn. I think I will give it a try and see how well I can still take directions. It will definitely be interesting to scrap by instinct only. I've been wanting to learn how to put masks to use too.
    Yay! I think you will have fun.
    I am such a planner and a slow scrapper -- speed scraps really get my mojo going, Some of my favorite pages were made during Speed Scraps too.

3. I missed the last one, but my DH and half the kids will be gone for this. I'll be there.
    Deanna
    Mother to Ashley 16, Samantha 12, Dorothy 9, Madison 5 and Brian 13 months

I love speed scraps so I'll be here. Thanks for the hints.

Yeah, it's Speed Scrap Day.

happy dance
    I need something after the day I have had, which started very early for me today!

Quote Originally Posted by elenasworld View Post
    happy dance
    I need something after the day I have had, which started very early for me today!
    Uh oh, does not sound good. Hopefully it gets better and DD will cooperate and head to bed on time so you can scrap.

Uh Oh ... this sounds like a blast but 9 p.m. EST is 6 p.m. here in Arizona ... I might not be home from work yet. Will see what I can to to make it. I really miss doing these.
    Cheri

Since my hubby is gone tonight (weel, at least till 9:30 tonight) and my kids are in bed by that time...I might actually try this. LOL The only photo masks I have are the ones that come with PSE 7. Are those OK to use? or, I will just have to get the one from you....
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

I'm here already...OK, I'm very early, I know but I'm excited. I love ss.