shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Hi from Northern California

Hi from Northern California

Well, I've already posted in 3 challenges so figured I should introduce myself. I'm Teri and I have lived in beautiful northern California for the last almost 7 years. Before that I lived my whole life in WI. I'm married to the sweetest man on earth. Between us we have 6 kids and 11 grandchildren. We were both widowed and met and got married 7 years ago this coming June.

I've been scrapbooking the "old fashioned way" for about 15 years and finally got up the nerve to try digital and absolutely love it!! It's becoming a new obsession for me. My other obsession is called "reborning". If you don't know what that is - you take a vinyl doll kit (or strip down an already painted doll) and paint it, hand-root hair (or use a wig), put it on a cloth body with weighting materials in it - so when you're done it looks and feels like a real baby. I'll have do do some LO's of my reborns so you all can see what I mean.

Anyway look forward to getting to know some of you talented ladies and learning how to do lots of cool things on LO's!

teri

Hello Teri, welcome to GDS!

I was also a traditional scrapper since the early 90's, my hubby kinda 'forced' me to the "dark side" LOL.

I've seen programs about reborns, they are amazingly realistic.

Nice to meet you, I look forward to seeing some of your layouts in the gallery.

Hi Teri

Glad to have you here. I'm fairly new here also - so looking forward to finding my way around also. Hopefully we will run into one another around the halls. LOL

Smile

Hello Teri and welcome! I've already seen a couple of your layouts and your reborns. They are both amazing. Keep up the great scrapbooking. It was wonderful to meet you.