shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Scrap May 9th, 9PM with Andrea

I have a party tomorrow night so I'll have to miss this. The kit look great Andrea, sorry that I won't be around. Have fun ladies.

Hooray a Speed Scrap!
    got my calendar marked!

Yay, I should be able to come!! Kit looks great, Andrea, and thanks for the hint!!

Could someone please explain for us "newbies" what a speed scrap is???

Thanks,
    teri

Hi Andrea,
    This will be the first time to participate on the speed-scrap. However I don't know what to do. How do I start ?

Thanks this sounds fun.
    )
    . .*) .*)
    (. (. (.~Adriana

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

what a beautiful new kit that is! WOW.

And thanks for the great tip... 4 pics.. toughie...
    Simply Sarah
    Visit my plain ol' blog

7. Speed scraps are incredibly fun. Have your pictures ready (and maybe a backup set in case you want to change themes) then the leader prompts us with directions. One direction every 10 minutes. So one direction might be - put frames around your pictures. Or it might be choose (#) papers. Once the foundation is set, then there might be something like use 5 flowers or 3 ribbons, or whatever they choose to have you do. They'll usually throw in something of a challenge to set it off and teach us something new.

I've been in 5 or so, and some of the different things they've done is have us layer photos, or make a monogram, or use fonts in an interesting way, things like that. But the beauty of it is that you're busy finding elements and trying to follow the rules that you end up slapping things together without thinking too hard about it. I need to adhere the frame to the mat? Oh, well, let me see what I can find. So you might find stitching or staples or a bracket first, and use it, where if you thought about it, you would have used the same thing you always choose.

So it gets us out of our comfort zone and we end up trying new things in a fresh new way. It's really cool to see how everyone's turns out having been given the same set of instructions. I'm finally starting to get used to it to where I can make a halfway decent layout instead of totally haphazard. And someday soon I'll be able to do a layout AND keep up with conversation. maybe. :)

Word of advice - go through your kits and try to find one or two that have a decent selection of elements to choose from. My first time here, I didn't have any real kits yet and was working off of freebies from the internet. I can't tell you how many folders I went through to find stitching. I think it took me a good half hour!! The collab kits are wonderful, if you have any on hand.

Unless the movie gets moved to tomorrow, I'll be here between 9 and 9:30. Can't wait!

jayne

Thanks Jayne for the great explanation and advice! Can't wait til tonight! I'm hoping I can make this one...
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

9. I'm excited to participate in my first speed scrap. My pretty new to digital so I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Jayne,
    Thank You for great explanation !! I'll try to do my best !! I will have my kit ready also.

Hope to see you here too.
    )
    . .*) .*)
    (. (. (.~Adriana

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter