shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Have you wondered what ACDSee is or can do?

1. Have you wondered what ACDSee is or can do?

Hi,
    I was 'talking' with Holly yesterday here about our tutorials.

ACDSee Photo Manager 9 is a great product for organizing your digital scrapbooking kits & photos!

It's flexible for cataloging & powerful for searching.

A couple of great things about it are that you can search for whatever you've tagged and view white png files.

Here's an example of a search to find my buttons:

and you can view white png's like stitching & overlays

We have tutorials here for Getting Started & Organizing your Alphabets And a 30 day trial can be downloaded at the top of the tutorial page.

My sister & I have a forum at DigiScrapInfo.com where you can ask questions and searchable FAQ's.
    DigiScrapInfo.com also has a lot of helpful information related to digital scrapbooking also.

Let me know if you have questions!
    Last edited by HollyS; 03-12-2007 at 05:59 AM.
    ~ Connie ~
    ACDSee Community Manager

ACDSee Tutorials

*Have you backed up your ACDSee database recently?
    *Optimize your ACDSee database weekly :)

Am just wondering what file types it views? I mean, I know it does the 'obvious' ones, but can you preview psp files with it?? I save a lot of my layouts as layered psp files which is why I am asking

TIA for your help :)

3. Quote Originally Posted by twirlyjoy View Post
    Am just wondering what file types it views? I mean, I know it does the 'obvious' ones, but can you preview psp files with it?? I save a lot of my layouts as layered psp files which is why I am asking

TIA for your help :)
    Yes, it views over 50 file types including jpeg's, png's, ttf's (fonts), psd's (templates)

and my sister solved the psp file issue. It does! but you may need to change the file ending from .pspimage to .psp.

from my sister's post --
    You can rename the files with the .psp extension. You can easily do this with the ACDSee PhotoManager Batch Rename Tool.

so yes! cool,huh?
    ~ Connie ~
    ACDSee Community Manager

ACDSee Tutorials

4. I am very glad that you posted about this programme!! With the search function, if I look for a "blue button" will I pull up everything that has the word "blue" in it??....ie blue papers, blue brads, blue ribbons??
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

5. Quote Originally Posted by CrayonQueen View Post
    I am very glad that you posted about this programme!! With the search function, if I look for a "blue button" will I pull up everything that has the word "blue" in it??....ie blue papers, blue brads, blue ribbons??
    You can search a # of ways. You can search by file name... then if you searched by 'blue' it would bring up anything that has 'blue' in the file name.

But for it to pull up all of your blue items, you would need to tag (label) them as such. Some people are tagging their papers by colors. So far I'm just tagging my previews by color. But I can find all of my blue kits. Then I can right click on the preview & it will take me to the folder where the kit is. Then I can scrap with that kit!

But yes, if you labelled all of your buttons & also tagged them by color - you could find your blue buttons.

The nice thing with this software is that you can apply multiple tags to one item. That is very helpful. You can create categories like holidays, birthday, vintage, travel, etc -- anything you want! in addition to the usual colors & type of item it is. We also categorize items by designer - so you can see all of your items made by a certain person.
    ~ Connie ~
    ACDSee Community Manager

ACDSee Tutorials

6. looks and sounds like a neato program but do we have to go through and categorise everything first???like buttons papers alphas.etc????I def need help with my system...thanks for sharing the info with us here..HUGGLES from OZ:-)
    *SMILE* always as it cost's you nothing and your GUARANTEED of one in return:-)My house may not be a Palace but tis a HOME, take care n have a wonderful day.

7. Quote Originally Posted by andrianmichael View Post
    looks and sounds like a neato program but do we have to go through and categorise everything first???like buttons papers alphas.etc????I def need help with my system...thanks for sharing the info with us here..HUGGLES from OZ:-)
    Hi,
    Yes, the software doesn't know anything until you tell it how you want to catalog things.

But there is an advantage to going thru your collection (and it goes faster than you think...) -- you see everything that you have.

People use this for a time to do some deep cleaning & delete things ! I said delete, purge even!* and also see all the things they've never used, & forgotten they had. So it's a good thing & people really enjoy the process.
    ~ Connie ~
    ACDSee Community Manager

ACDSee Tutorials