shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Things I'd love to see EVERY designer do

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Tricia,

    Your product catalog was useful and super easy to use. Thanks!
    Gem I just saw this - thank you! That was the goal, glad I succeeded. Now I just have to continually update it, LOL!

  2. #62
    Katie,

    Thank you so much for putting this list here. These are the things that professional designers do for providing the best product to their customer. I mostly shop at other stores that have these high standards for the designers products. I agree with you, GDS should set higher standards for the products the sell.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzosw View Post
    Katie,

    Thank you so much for putting this list here. These are the things that professional designers do for providing the best product to their customer. I mostly shop at other stores that have these high standards for the designers products. I agree with you, GDS should set higher standards for the products the sell.
    We thank you all for your helpful suggestions. GDS continues to strive to bring to the GDS Community digital scrapbooking products at the highest level of professional standards.

    Thank you again and we appreciate your input.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by SlidingKat View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather have the correct codes displayed in the product information in the store. (by that I mean written out so I can copy and paste--not a click on review pages with this set than having to copy from someone elses info).

    I mean I make the layout. then save as a small jpg to upload, but rarely upload at the same time. So it is hard to remember by the time i go upload what TOU to go look for.
    All who have contributed to this thread are appreciated.

    Katia, not sure I understand this one? The keyword (referred to as Product Code or Model) and is displayed in the store for every product. When you view a summary list of products, it's shown there and also when you view the detail of a product. So you can copy/paste from there and not have to press the View Layouts button just to see what code everyone is using.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.


  5. #65
    What I would like to see is that the designer name the product download with something recognizable as the username or real name they use on the site. For example if they use "Sunshine" as their username on GDS, it would REALLY help not to have their downloads with the name "SallyDoodleXXproductname". However, it is ok to use the first few letters if it is consistent, several designers do that and it works.

    I have spent an hour or so last night and nearly an hour this morning looking for a particular kit I'd used in a challenge. I knew the kit name (that is how I finally found the kit) and the GDS designer name. But when I had searched on my computer hard drive I couldn't find the kit, nor when I searched on my other two little hard drives. Finally, in desperation, I entered the first word of the kit name on one of the hard drives. It brought up the kit. The designer name was nothing like their designer name on GDS. Designers, please help us out. You design so well and your products are gorgeous. But I have to be able to find them.
    Last edited by Gem; 11-23-2009 at 03:56 AM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    We thank you all for your helpful suggestions. GDS continues to strive to bring to the GDS Community digital scrapbooking products at the highest level of professional standards.

    Thank you again and we appreciate your input.

    Thanks! It is good to be heard.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    All who have contributed to this thread are appreciated.

    Katia, not sure I understand this one? The keyword (referred to as Product Code or Model) and is displayed in the store for every product. When you view a summary list of products, it's shown there and also when you view the detail of a product. So you can copy/paste from there and not have to press the View Layouts button just to see what code everyone is using.
    I think when I started this list back in May the product info wasn't updated yet. I'm not sure. I know it is there now.

  8. #68

    more things I'd like to see

    6) if there is a bow there should be a matching ribbon
    :: I hate when I get a great bow, but there is no ribbon that matches it (one kit I got had a bow and a frame wrapped with the bow and matching ribbon, but didn't include the ribbon in the kit)

    7) elements scaled accurately
    :: Yes I like the detail in a larger file size BUT I hate it when I get a staple that is longer than a bow or a frame in the same kit (sure I can re-size it easy enough, but when I pay for something I believe it should come ready to use).

    8) Consistent pricing
    :: Drives me insane when I see the same kit listed in a different store for a different normal price (maybe it is a matter of the commision the store charges, but every time i see it I automatically infer greed, which makes me think twice about buying from that designer next time).

    :: I cannot stand it (and won't buy) when I see mini kits priced the same as a full size kit. The quality over quantity arguement doesn't work for me. Quality tends to be designer specific [all the kits they make tend to be the same quality] so pricing 12+ items the same as they price 60+ items doesn't make sense and a lot of free downloads are just as good quality wise.

    9) When GDS makes a collab kit I only need one pirating file.
    :: same arguement as before...I paid for the kit so it is annoying to get berated by getting a "don't be a pirate" file from each designer that contributed.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    806
    Great ideas! I'm not even going to get into the meta-stuff as I don't get it, but I really like some of your ideas!

    Quote Originally Posted by SlidingKat View Post
    6) if there is a bow there should be a matching ribbon
    :: I hate when I get a great bow, but there is no ribbon that matches it (one kit I got had a bow and a frame wrapped with the bow and matching ribbon, but didn't include the ribbon in the kit)
    Yes yes yes yes please!!! I have tons of bows and hardly any ribbons. Also, don't overlook the usefulness of a simple flat ribbon in addition to the folded/stapled/curly/random ribbons... I've been shopping for flat ribbon kits, or tempted to simply get out my ribbon stash and have a scanning party. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by SlidingKat View Post
    9)
    When GDS makes a collab kit I only need one pirating file.
    :: same arguement as before...I paid for the kit so it is annoying to get berated by getting a "don't be a pirate" file from each designer that contributed.
    Related to the above, I think it would be AWESOME if store-issued/sponsored collab kits had a SINGLE TOU so either everything in the kit is subject to the same use rules, i.e., the entire thing is S4H/S4O or it's not. The store can set the the policies for what that is and issue the TOU for the whole kit. I check the TOU's for my purchases and flag my stash, and to check a dozen TOU's and classify each element and paper when there are that many is too time-consuming, so I don't do it and I tend to use those kits less because it's too much hassle.

    Also, I wanted to add my own love for Firefox here, which I generally use, but Google Chrome also has good functionality for doing multiple downloads. A status bar in your current window opens at the bottom, and as an option you can click on it and it moves your DL list to a separate tab. The downside to Google chrome is that it's new and it doesn't work for every website yet. It does work here at GDS, I'm using it at the moment. :)


    ReboScraps Blog

    Creating for: Pixel Gypsy, Dysfunctional Designs, Krisi's Kreations

  10. #70
    Another useful thing I'd love to see...a mat that comes with frames so you can clip the photo to it (behind) the frame).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •