shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I'd love to see EVERY designer do

1. I would like to see (more than anything) all designers using notebook or pdf or html for their tous... because not everyone has word.

Site CT for:

Quote Originally Posted by tessthescrapper View Post
    I would like to see (more than anything) all designers using notebook or pdf or html for their tous... because not everyone has word.
    I have my TOU as a multi-page pdf file (scrap for hire on one page, commercial on one page, etc.), and get emails from people saying they don't see a TOU even though it's titled my name TOU. I like having it as a pdf, but it seems that not everyone recognizes a pdf as the correct file type to look for.

Ok.. this request is ALL Donakat's fault.. lol.. it was her idea for us to do this with our downloads but I think it's a darn GREAT one!!

So that we can all enter the *keyword* and *GDS Products url* the correct way and so our overwork mods don't have to correct our sloppy data input, it would be very helpful if the *Product Code and GDS Product url were placed in the TOU's of future new products. This would certainly help us cut down on the time it takes to do data entry, help us to do it correctly and free up the mods to check other stuff.

Honestly, I'd rather have the correct codes displayed in the product information in the store. (by that I mean written out so I can copy and paste--not a click on review pages with this set than having to copy from someone elses info).

I mean I make the layout. then save as a small jpg to upload, but rarely upload at the same time. So it is hard to remember by the time i go upload what TOU to go look for.

Also, the link for the store product doesn't exist until the product is loaded up in the store, so the TOU is already made by that point.

when I wait to upload my pages to the gallery, the chances of me remembering everything I used is pretty slim, so I try to upload while I still have it in my mind. even then, I am always checking, 'cause I know I probably forgot something.

what I like about using the keywords field, is that I can view pages using a particular kit, or a similar theme. it is a great search tool for when I need inspiration

Talking Product Catalog is GREAT!

Tricia,

Your product catalog was useful and super easy to use. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by triciacurtis View Post
    Gem - you are like a shiny little happy star! I have been working on creating a PDF document catalog of all my products and was wondering if other designers would find the service useful. Now that I know that at least one person would find it useful, I will work on completing it and seeing if there is a market - thanks!

I've learned to make a list each time I do a layout, of everything (kit etc) I've used, so going back to get the info will not be a huge deal, but having said that.. I realize everyone has their own method of doing stuff - it's just a suggestion and whether it's used or not, I guess, is up to the individual. There's nothing saying that the info can't be in both places if it's possible that is..

oops.. just read elenasworld's comment... I guess it's not possible for the designers to put in the info before hand.. oh well.. ..

Quote Originally Posted by SlidingKat View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather have the correct codes displayed in the product information in the store. (by that I mean written out so I can copy and paste--not a click on review pages with this set than having to copy from someone elses info).

I mean I make the layout. then save as a small jpg to upload, but rarely upload at the same time. So it is hard to remember by the time i go upload what TOU to go look for.
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 10-27-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Bean View Post
    One more thing, I know Liz mentioned renaming a ton of files, get a free program called File Renamer. It allows you to change all the files in a folder in one fell swoop, including adding something to the beginning of each file name.
    For those on a Macintosh, a great little utility for this purpose (and free) is Name Mangler, which you can find here.

Thanks for the Name Mangler link. I usually use Bridge to rename, but I will check this out!

i agree with you Firefox all the time