shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scrapping with photos of ex's

scrapping with photos of ex's

I just found a cd with a bunch of really good photos (i MISS my stolen Nikon) of my youngest daughter in a great mudfight. I'd forgotten about them and am thrilled to find them. Only problem is some of the photos are with an ex-(in)significant other and his daughter. I feel a little odd scrapping them. He left us under horrible circumstances but I don't "hate" him. I wouldn't mind scrapping with them (though they might make my pesent hubby-to-be a little uncomfortable. Both girls are having the time of their life and I love seeing their joyful romp. The pics are too good to NOT scrap....what to do, what to do...
    Liz Pike

Blog updated Thursday October 19

2. lol... as one who's never too shy with an opinion..lol (hi Holly :)).. and because you asked... Since they are a part of your life.. and more importantly, your daughters lives... and probably will mean the world to them.. I'd scrap away... just maybe balance it with your more recent life too.. Congrats on your soon to be nuptuals!!

thanks Debra. Just went back over the pics. Out of 20 he's in 8. Not too bad. Now I got to create a "mud" kit ; ))
    Liz Pike

4. Here's my two cents. I think it's OK to scrap them too. You soon to be hubbo should understand that it's the girls you are scrapping and it's for your daughter, as Debra said, since they were a part of her life. As for me, I threw away all my pics of ex-boyfriends because Stormie OMartian wrote that it's a good to get rid of things that remind you of a past (with other men) not with your husband, such as if the object makes you feel depressed or whatever.
    Last edited by sogren; 09-25-2006 at 06:54 PM.

Check out my blog!
    www.koodie.blogspot.com

I'd probably crop 'em, and use that lovely clone brush - where I could. But I'm not in your situation. If everyone involved is okay with it - I don't see the problem really, but my DH would have a cow.

I had a really good pic of my son but unfortunately it had my ex in it. I still scrapped it but am gonna delete it soon. I felt guilty showcasing the ex also didnt want him there.

Steph, I agree, its a good idea to get rid of the past but cant when you have kids to the person. Im having issues right now with the fact that my kids father has arrived after 4 years of not seeing the kids and i obviously still hate him for whats happened. But there isnt much that can be done so yeah. Its a matter of putting up with it. I sorta hate the fact that hes still around sorta thing .. when id prefer that he be just gone
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I had a really good pic of my son but unfortunately it had my ex in it. I still scrapped it but am gonna delete it soon. I felt guilty showcasing the ex also didnt want him there.

Steph, I agree, its a good idea to get rid of the past but cant when you have kids to the person. Im having issues right now with the fact that my kids father has arrived after 4 years of not seeing the kids and i obviously still hate him for whats happened. But there isnt much that can be done so yeah. Its a matter of putting up with it. I sorta hate the fact that hes still around sorta thing .. when id prefer that he be just gone
    Hang in there Phoenix... it's amazing how fast those teen years go by and all of the sudden you won't be dealing with the ex except for those weddings and big "life" events!!

Scrap them for her and doodle on his face :P maybe you hubby will like it better if he has a mustache and a few blacked out teeth and horns? I dunno that is just me :P I have next to no photos of my ex. I agree though sometimes when there are kids involved you have no choice but to hang on to parts of the past.

Oh wait I got it!!! Make her the scrap and make him a decorated dart board target!

Melissa I can feel for you. It has been about 6 years since my ex has seen my two and I know it will be any day now that he pops up (he just moved not 5 minutes from us). I have no direct contact at all it is just what I hear blah.

Well, after some long hard thinking about all that happened since those photos were taken of my daughter's mudfight, I decided "he" did not deserve a place of "honor" in my beautiful scrap books created to celebrate my family's life, a life he intentionally tried to destroy in the aftermath of his leaving. So...I'll just scrap those with her happy smiling face. And btw, he was in their life for long, just about 4 years, with the last two being a long goodbye that wore out its welcome.

sorry to hear about your troubles Phoenix. I can't imagine my daughters' father NOT being in their lives. He's a much better father after the divorce than he was while we were married, go figure.
    Liz Pike

Quote Originally Posted by strawbry_wine
    He's a much better father after the divorce than he was while we were married, go figure.

That is exactly what my ex is like - my girls finally know what its like to spend quality time with him, without him shouting all the time!!