shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: How do I?

1. How do I?

I am so new at this. Can anyone tell me how to put the little photo corners or the clips or paper clips etc.....on pictures where thye look like they are on there they way they are suppose to be and not just on top of the pic??? Thank you so much.....I get it right one of these days...hehehe...
    I may fall, BUT only as far as my knees

hey--i'm not an expert by any means. I just figure out as I go---what I usually do is place one layer behind the picture, one layer on top of the picture , then erase the portion that isn't supposed to show. I use PSE so if you use another program, it might be different hope this helps.

Yes, exactly what I do. Duplicate the clip & move one copy beneath your photo. Leave one copy on top. Erase parts of the top that you don't want to show. Don't forget the drop shadows to add realism.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

I don't use 2 layers - I just put the clip on top of the picture, select the parts that are supposed to be under, and erase.

Depend on how 'thick' the clip is, I might also distort the part of the picture that is over it to make it look like the clip is pushing it up, but that is a whole other tutorial, LOL.

5. Quote Originally Posted by paulafarrell31 View Post
    I am so new at this. Can anyone tell me how to put the little photo corners or the clips or paper clips etc.....on pictures where thye look like they are on there they way they are suppose to be and not just on top of the pic??? Thank you so much.....I get it right one of these days...hehehe...
    you can also use drop shadow.. drop shadow gives your element a realistic effect. you can try different settings until you find what suits your element.

I do what Melanie does. Only one copy and erase what isn't suppose to show. However, I do use two copies if the paper is opaque like vellum, so you see the part behind still, but erase the front part. Does that make sense???

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post
    I do what Melanie does. Only one copy and erase what isn't suppose to show. However, I do use two copies if the paper is opaque like vellum, so you see the part behind still, but erase the front part. Does that make sense???

Good point - I don't think I've used a clip on anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post
    I do the same. ~Nita