shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Hello From Northern Ontario

Hybrid View

Hello From Northern Ontario

A newbie here, and saying hello.

I'm China online, and Darlene in real life. I live in Northern Ontario with my husband of 25 years. We don't own any kiddies, but are owned by a 9 year old Maltese/Terrier who thinks that she is people. I am borrowing her name online. LOL!!

I am disabled with severe headaches, so my computers are my way of coping with the pain. As long as I'm busy on here, I don't think of the pain. It's bad today and seems to be getting the better of me.

I love my PSP, and at times I hate it. I create Posers in DAZ. They are available to snag at my blog. I have wanted to learn to Digital Scrapbook for a long time and do know how to make a few things like paper, a couple of elements, and I've even made an alpha set.

I am a pak-rat when it comes to collecting freebie scrapkits. I have a wide variety of them, and really want to get to use some of them.

I have Photoshop CS2 installed in my computer but have only opened it, since it looks so scarey. I also have Photoshop CS4 Extended. A friend gave it to me when they found out that I was buying a new camera.

I like to dabble in photography, but am thinking about taking a course to learn more about it. My new camera came in just a couple of hours ago, and I'm waiting for the battery to charge.

I'm looking forward to hopefully learning some new things here, so that I will have a way of displaying my photos.

If you would like to know anything else, then please feel free to ask.

Love, Peace, Happiness: China @->--

Welcome to GDS Darlene. You will find that this is a very friendly, helpful community. You can check out the "New to Digiscrapping" section of the forum. There are also lots of classes available and lots of challenges that you can participate in to help get you jumpstarted. They make the challenges a lot of fun and the best way to learn is to just jump in and start to play and have fun with it. I warn you, though, it is very addictive!!!! If you have questions, just ask and someone will try to help. I look forward to seeing your photos and layouts in the gallery.

Darlene darling! you can do all your digiscrapping and photo edits in PSP, you don't really need the steep learning curve of CS2/4!!! Come summer, let me know how bad the blackflies are {giggle} [also sending prayers for your headaches]
    Liz / Calgary

Darlene,

Welcome to GDS! Nice to meet you!

There is a photography course here, taught by Daphne Whitley (abitdaffy) and she also has a photography challenge.

There are also courses for PSP and CS

5. Hello China!! I also live in Northern Ontario!! Where are you? I am in Thunder Bay.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Lizzerd, I don't have to wait till summer to tell you about the blackflies. They are bad, especially if you spend time in the bush. And as for learning CS2/4, I really don't mind the challenge. I really do need it, to keep me occupied.

ckbymommy, thank you for all the information. I will check them out. I have lots of time, since hubby is working til 9:00 in the morning.

celmore, I'm a bit more north of Thunder Bay, I'm in Timmins.
    Love, Peace, Happiness: China @->--