shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First ever Quick Page Exchange - Briar Rose!

First ever Quick Page Exchange - Briar Rose!

Everybody loves quick pages....can you imagine getting an album full of quick pages just by making one single quickpage yourself? Well, I'm hear to tell you how....

Each participant will submit 1 quick page layout using the featured kit, in this case Alice Naylor's Briar Rose. At the end of this exchange, all participants will receive all submitted quick pages including this special one created by Alice.

Guidelines:
    • Layouts should be created and saved at 12" x 12" and 300ppi.
    • If you are familiar with creating a quick page in a transparent .png file, please submit it in that format.
    • If you are not, please design your quick page by creating your layout and using a white or black area (whichever is of most contrast to your layout) for the photo placements. Save your layout as a flattened .jpg file at full resolution (unless you are submitting a png file already) . I will take what you submit and punch out the areas for photos and convert them to transparent .png files before sending them all back to the participants.
    • Save a preview of your quick page at 600x600 and upload it to the Quick Page Exchange Gallery for all the oooohs and ahhhs!
    • Please name your files as follows to help me track these easier.
      YourForumName_KitName_QP.jpg so as an example, mine would be Hollys_BriarRose_QP.jpg
    • Email your quick page files to holly@godigitalscrapbooking.com . I will need the preview .jpg, and either the .png or .jpg file at the full 12x12 size.
    • Sign-ups are required for this so that we know who is working on pages.
    • I will keep this post updated to reflect participants and whether files have been received
    • The submission deadline for this round is Saturday, March 17th.

Participants:
    • okblues
    • griest (3)
    • ckbymommy
    • dragonflyscrapper76
    • twirlyjoy
    • Helen Ehrenhofer (signed up via email)
    • babydoe (3)
    • PA Grandma
    • FLCindy
    • Sikarskie
    • scrapinnali
    • CrayonQueen
    • Ginabee
    Last edited by HollyS; 03-15-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

I love this idea--I have been doing a QP exchange for quite a few weeks on another site and it is really helping to sharpen my layout skills. It's amazing the different ideas peope come up with using the same kit. I can't wait to get started! sign me up!

What a great idea!! Count me in!

What an awesome idea, I am in!!! I have meant to get this kit anyway.
    Beth

Count me in :) Great idea ;)

bumpety bumpety bump!!!
    There must be more people who want to come and play!!!

Question

I have never attempted to make a QP before, but I think I am going to try this one. It may or may not work.

Is there a tutorial here on making one?
    Last edited by babydoe; 03-11-2007 at 11:11 AM.

If anyone isn't sure how to go about this, the way I do them is to create a regular layout, save it in layers, then for the quickpage, I delete my photo layer and any personal journalling, and save it merged as a png or jpg, whichever is appropriate.

Others may use a different way, but this is how I find it easier to work :)

Quote Originally Posted by twirlyjoy View Post
    If anyone isn't sure how to go about this, the way I do them is to create a regular layout, save it in layers, then for the quickpage, I delete my photo layer and any personal journalling, and save it merged as a png or jpg, whichever is appropriate.

Others may use a different way, but this is how I find it easier to work :)
    Yes, I create mine as if I was making a layout. Much easier to work when you have the photos there. Thanks Joy!
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Well I posted my first one in the gallery, but I think I will do another, and see if I can use more elements, this is such a great kit, thanks to Alice for it.
    Beth