shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help.....pleeze!

1. Smile Help.....pleeze!

hi scrappers! Call me s l o w, but I do NOT know where to begin. I have been a hardcopy scrapbooker for 5 years but NOW want to join the fun and do layout pages to make beautiful online scrapbooking pages. I have made so many trips to the craft stores, and always a mess to get out and put back up till next time, I don't have the faintest idea what I need or where to begin, sooooo could someone please point me in the right direction? I have downloaded lots of papers and embellishments from sites and have even spent $ on some cutsie's that I just HAD to have, but now I need to learn how to use them online and I was told I would need Photoshop Elements and is it self explanatory or do I need a "teacher"? I see some of the "mostest beautifulest" (sp) pages using elements that have been downloaded, and always wonder....how to start, so I would LOVE it if someone can at least tell me what is needed and how to begin. Is there software I need to buy or is there a trail version to practice with? I am totally in the dark, but it looks like soooo much fun! Thanks for taking time to help!

2. I believe there are trial versions (30 days) of Photoshop Elements, AND we have some AWESOME classes here to teach you how to use it! I was "self-taught" in photoshop elements and spent ALOT of time looking up and figuring out tutorials, when I could have been scrapping already! I would definitely recommend a class that teaches all the ins and outs!

You can check them out HERE

There are other programs....PSP, Gimp and possibly others, but I'm not familiar with them.

Does that help at all? If you have more questions, HOLLER, and it's great to meet you and have you here, KathyMay!

Hello and welcome to the fun. Photoshop is a great place to start and have when it comes to scrapbooking. Have you tried to google tutorials? That is how I learned but taking one of the classes here I heard was even better ... faster than googling LOL!
    I hope that you can get lots of advice and don't be afraid to ask any questiond. No question is a dumb question and someone always knows the answer.
    Sheila

4. I ditto what they've said! LOL We are so thrilled to have you here! You're gonna love it!! Once you go Digi you'll never look back!! Welcome!!
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

if you don't want to spend big bucks to start with try buying a printmaster scrapbboking program ($20.00 or so) or a scrapbooking max-which offers a free trial and cost about 45.00. thats what i use and i love it. it does have some limitations but otherwise its very easy to use. you will find plenty of help here and welcome

You can find some information here about just starting out in digi scrapping:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...?page=beginner

Hi KathyMae and welcome! I second what everyone else has said ... I was introduced to digiscrapping 1 year ago by my sister and didn't know anything about it. I got photoshop elements (at her recomendation although she was using a different program at that time), took the beginners class here at GDS and have become totally addicted to it!! As someone who was in your shoes last year, I strongly recommend taking classes. I learned a little from a book but the classes are what really got me going ... and although I don't know anything about other programs I can say that I think PSE is well worth the money! If you have any questions, just ask ... there is always someone around to answer them.
    Cheri

So glad you made it here, Kathy Mae! You have gotten great advice from everyone so far! I love the community here -- feel free to ask lots of questions -- everyone is super helpful!

Welcome! I can't wait to see your layouts!

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post
    You can find some information here about just starting out in digi scrapping:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...?page=beginner
    Another great resource is the special forum just for new digital scrapbookers - Start with the 'sticky' threads in there, this will give you the info you need right away.

After you've gotten through those, the next best resource is everyone here at GDS. Everyone is so friendly and ready to help. Don't hesitate to ask a question as many of us have asked someone that very same question at some time, and many others may be wondering the very same thing as you

Hello and welcome to GDs. Jump in and have a great time.