shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: creating a qp

creating a qp

Hey All, Happy Saturday before Easter. Are your baskets all ready??

I'm trying to learn how to make a quick page. Is there a tut anywhere that I could use with pse6?

Never Mind!

Thanks but I think I figured it out!!

You are so smart Anna!
    Guess that is why you are the Head of the Class

Cant wait to see what you have made!

I'm glad you figured it out Anna!

Just in case anyone else wanted to know how to make a qp, there are photoshop and paint shop tutorials in the quick page exchange forum ...

PSP

Photoshop Elements

I thought I had figured it out but I was wrong. I'm wondering about how to save it and how the elements stay "put" so they won't move around when others open it up. I just went to the link you provided so I'm going to try to follow those directions. It sounds like I create a lo, save it to a jpg, the ope it up and work on it and save it as something else. I'll keep you posted.

Anna, when you make a QP, you will want to save it as a .png file, then any "open" spaces you have (say for the photo/frame) will remain blank. If you save it as a .jpg, the open spaces will get filled in as white.

If I am working on something and want to come back to it, then I save it as the .psd file, so all the layers are in tact. Once you save something as a .png file, the items can't be moved around like you would be able to move your layers.

good luck
    shout if you need some more help

Anna,

The links are for making a qp from an existing 'flat' layout.
    I scrapbook with photoshop so I don't know how helpful the following will be for a psp user, but here's what I do ...
    ~ Open the layered layout (that's a psd for photoshop, not sure what the file would be for psp).
    ~ use a selection tool to select the pictures on your LO. (with photoshop you can ctrl-click the picture on the layers pallette)
    ~ select the layers below the picture (background plus any elements or matting that are under any part of the picture) one at a time and delete.
    ~ At this point you can delete the picture and you will be able to make sure that everything below it is clear.
    ~ Now save as a png and the qp will flatten and the hole(s) for the pictures will remain transparent.

HTH