shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GDS products - how do you organize your files

i would like to add that after being involved on a certain forum or shopping a certain store you will soon learn to reconize a designers work even if they list a generic name file.

2. I use ACDSEE-but dont really use it to tag-I just keep things in folders according to stores-and I am now really reluctant to travel to stores I dont already frequent, because there are just too darn many of them and I seem to always fall for whatever I see and then come back to scrap challenges and forget that I even have that other stuff!!

What?!! You all go to different stores.. I'm shocked and appalled!!

4. ROTFLOL you mean you guys have not heard about my OCD Spreadsheet organizaion tool. I keep my files by what they are with titles DesignerName_Item Name then in my spreadsheet I have a sheet that is all my purchases group by store then what they are (Still have to do the hyperlinks from that sheet), I have a sheet for previews I insert the preview image then hyperlink to the kit on my hard drive. ( I have my previews grouped by color families.) I do still have a lot of catching up to do and it takes quite a while but I'm OCD like that and is really the easiest way for me to find things when I am scrapping. For speed scraps sometimes I just jump around in the folders taking things from here and there but regular layouts I like going in and looking at all my options color grouped vs all in a folder where they arrange by name and then have to go find the folder this way i can find my color and the click and there I am.
    [/CENTER]

5. Ok-so less and less all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    What?!! You all go to different stores.. I'm shocked and appalled!!
    rofl- was just about to say the same thing!!!!

Am no help with the organisation thing - I have all my kits named with designer name_kit name and listed alphabetically, so no store names in sight (except in TOUs) - I have been here at gds for that long that I know all of the designers who sell here - and I very very rarely buy from anywhere else cos I hardly have time to scrap with the things I get from here!!