shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overwhelmed Newbie

Overwhelmed Newbie

Hi Everybody! I became interested in this when a coworker brought one of her digital scrapbooks to work. When I saw her handiwork, I knew I wanted to learn. I've signed up for the Photoshop Elements beginner's class, but must admit I'm wondering if I'll be lost! :) I've never done this before, and feel a bit overwhelmed by all the information. You all seem so good at this, I hope you'll humor me if I ask silly questions.

2. No question is ever silly! And that's what we are all here for!
    You will love the classes! They are so informative and so easy to follow.
    I can't wait to see your layouts!

I think I'd have to say we all feel this way in the beginning. I started with a class too and it really helped, in fact I still take classes with Andrea even though I use CS3 now. One thing that may help you is starting with a template. Andrea gives away free templates in the Daily Download. Moving papers and photos onto the template is an easy way to get started and then you can customize with elements and your choice of fonts. And always ask questions, that's what everybody's here for!
    Last edited by scooter59; 04-08-2009 at 05:24 AM. Reason: insert word

Hi clcayer ... welcome to digiscrapping!! I know exactly where you are coming from. My sister (rumkimom) introduced me to digiscrapping just over a year ago. I knew absolutely nothing about it and had never used a photoshop or paint program before. It has been a blast to learn and is totally addictive!! I found the best way to learn was to take the classes and then just jump in and become involved in the challenges ... Have fun!!
    Cheri

Welcome! This is a great place to learn. The classes are great and you learn a lot by just jumping in and playing with your program. The challenges are great and can really get you going too. Most of all, though, just have fun with it! I look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery.

Hi There! Welcome to GDS and the new world of digi-scrapping!
    The classes are a great place to start -- we were all overwhelmed when we first started too and there is so much to learn still, and I have been scrapping for two years.
    I found I had the most fun when I was learning new things, but if something was just not clicking with me, I moved on to something different so I didn't get frustrated. There is a huge learning curve with softwares and then wanting to do what you see in the galleries. Just keep in mind scrapping is a process, and that is part of the fun of learning. It is such a great thrill when you learn something new and then can put it to use.

Ask questions and there is usually someone around who might be able to help out.

Happy Scrapping!

Sounds like everyone already covered your questions - just keep in mind that everyone started sometime and we all felt the same way you do. Also, don't ever feel bad for asking a question - hopefully someone will have the knowledge to help you - we all asked questions when we started!

Welcome to GDS! :) Great to have new members. I remember I was absolutely terrified at first with all the new things....... but trying bit by bit i got forward. :) I'm sure you'll get the hang of it very quickly. And I have to warn you.... this is very addictive. Have fun and ask any questions you want. No question is stupid!!!!! :)

9. Please don't be shy about asking questions!! I think we all have been where you are and know how it is!

So glad you're here and please make yourself at home! Check out the challenges and explore the forum...join events and you'll be whipping out layouts in no time!

Holler if you have any questions, REALLY!

while i don't use PSE i did just buy a scrapbook max and its taking some getting use to. but really digital is fun and it doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be you and what you like. have fun and enjoy yourself here