shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Text path template and tut

Text path template and tut

I just purchased an Andrea Gold DDR with a couple of text path templates. How do these work? I can delete the "text text...." but don't know how to type in the template. Help. also if anyone knows where I might find a tut for creating text paths, I'd really appreciate it!!

Anna,

Check if the text layer is rasterized or if it is still editable. If it is editable, just click with your text tool in it, erase what's already there, type your text/edit your font to your liking.

If it is not editable, let me know which program you are working with.

I'm working with pse 6. How do I check to see if it is rasterized?

I've not worked with elements, but it shouldn't be much different from CS.

In CS, there is a layers pallette that shows each layer. For text, if it is still editable, the square next to it is a capital T, if it is rasterized, the square shows a miniature image of the text.

It looks like they are rasterized. What does that mean and is there any way to fix that?

They should not be rasterized if there was a text path included. A lot of times, I just put a place holder with a suggestion of where to put your text. If it's just a place holder, then that's just a suggestion of where to put your text. Let me know which one it is that you have and I can clarify. ;)

I really should have pm'ed you directly. Sorry!! It is the jtemps 02 that was a DD. Perhaps I'm not opening up the right one because there is a png,and psd. It does have the little white strips so I'm not sure how it works.

No, you should be able to use the path to type onto ...

(remember, I'm typing this assuming that elements will work similar to CS, so please don't get frustrated if it doesn't work this way, we will get it worked out for you)

The shape that you want to type your text onto or into needs to be a 'path' - you can tell it is by looking again at the layers pallette. A path will have a black box to the left of the mini image of the shape.

Now, when you select your text tool and you will notice that when you are over your path shape the dots around the text tool will switch from a square shape to a circle ... this means you can type inside the shape and your words will form into the shape.

If you move to the edge of the shape the circle around the text tool will go away and the little cross line toward the bottom of the tool will change from horizontal to diagonal, this means you can type along the edge of the shape.

Again, bear with me if this is still not working for you and we will get it figured out before long.

ETA: sorry - multi tasking will be the death of me, LOL - I took too long to type this but hopefully Andrea can get it working for you.
    Last edited by ckbymommy; 04-03-2009 at 08:41 AM.