shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Hello from Louisiana

Hello from Louisiana

Hello everyone. I have been hanging out here for a while now and started participating in the challenges the last couple months but I realized I've never really introduced myself. My name is Terri Carter and I live in a little burg in northern Louisiana called Simsboro. I am an administrative assistant in the Human Ecology Department at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, LA. I am married with 3 grown children and 8 grandchildren. I've been a paper scrapper for several years and still probably won't give that up but I became fascinated with digital scrapbooking a little over a year ago. I purchased PSE5 but didn't really know what to do with it. I started looking for tutorials and collecting supplies (I have collected a LOT of supplies) but didn't really know what to do with them. I bought a new computer last December that was pre-loaded with PSE6. To make myself learn it, I did not put any other photo editing software programs on the computer. Whenever I needed to edit photos or whatever, I was forced to use PSE6 so the learning process finally began. I learned a lot by playing around in it. This past summer Adobe offered me a good upgrade price on CS3 so I purchased it. It has sat on my computer for several months and I've done pretty much nothing with it. I've been taking Andrea's Beginner Class for CS3 this month and have learned so much. I'm actually starting to LIKE CS3! I guess that's enough about me. Yeah, I can be pretty chatty sometimes. I already feel at home here. Everyone has been so welcoming and friendly and I have enjoyed participating in the challenges so much!

Yes, I certainly have been seing you here and participating in the challenges.
    Aren't they a great excuse to really get some scrapping done.
    I know it was because of the challenges i continued scrapping when I started about 2 years ago.
    They really make you stretch....lol

So for the official part:

Carola

Nice to meet you!

Thanks Carola and Melanie. I love the welcome signs. They are so cute! Everyone has made me feel so welcome since I've been here. I already feel like I belong. It is such a FUN place to be. I love all the challenges, contests, and games.

5. Welcome, Terri! I'm glad we got to hear a little bit more about you! Look forward to more of your fabulous pages and comments!