shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand Spankin' New

1. Welcome Lisa you will love it here. Everyone is great! I use this site for my sanity as I also have a houseful. Hubby and I do foster care. We have 4 bio children 31, 29, 26 & 25 four adopted children 18 (she came to us pregnant), twins 5 and a 2 yr. old. My 31 year old lives with us and she has 2 children 8 & 4. and my 18 yr. old has a 1 yr. old baby. Right at this particular moment we have no foster children as we just had a 4 and 2 yr. old that went to an adoptive home. I don't expect that to last very long before I get a call saying they have one or two kiddos for us. So needless to say this is my little quiet place in the world.

Chanin,
    Wow! That's awesome that you have cut your grocery bill. Are you using coupons? I'd love to hear what you've done.

Scrappinnana,
    I applaud you... it takes a special person to do foster care. I would be afraid of getting too attached to them and not want them to leave. It has to be hard dealing with feelings like that. I'm glad that you have found your own 'quiet place in the world'. That helps to be able to escape sometimes. I have been finding it tough with going from just me in the house all day long and it being nice and peaceful and the house staying clean all day to watching two very little ones again and the house looking like a whirlwind has gone through. Never a quiet time unless they are sleeping. It has been a big adjustment. I know the Lord has answered prayer by bringing them here to us. I know that He will not put any more on me than what I can endure.
    Thank you for your warm welcome!

I want to thank everyone at all the warm welcomes I received on this board. Everyone is so extremely nice. I don't think I have ever received such a warm welcome anywhere else I have ever posted.
    I look forward to making friends here and so look forward to looking around at the beautiful things you have made. I can't wait to find time to sit down and learn how to do this myself. I have many, many pictures to do something with.

May each and every one of you have an awesome day!

So glad you found GDS, Lisa! I can't wait to check out your blog. I wanted to call your attention to the top of the screen where it says "resources." If you click on that and then on "Beginner," GDS has some great, New-to-digital-scrapbooking, resources.
    Here's a link to that beginner page in case my instructions weren't clear enough:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...?page=beginner
    Have fun -- you'll be addicted like the rest of us in no time!

Welcome Lisa!!
    You have found the best scrapping place AND the best place for friendly help and advice - if you should need it.
    If you need inspiration on scrapping, just check out the challenges.
    Looking forward to see some of your layouts.

Carola

Hi Amanda,
    I downloaded the trial program and looked around. I am so "program illiterate" and don't know how to operate these types of programs. I did not get very far with it. I asked my son who knows way more than I do and he said he was not familiar with it. Do you know where there is one of these programs that we can use that does not cost money, that are free of charge?

Hi Carola,
    I need SOOOOOOOOO much help... I don't know where to begin! I downloaded the program with the free trial period. I have no idea what to do with it. I am not good with figuring these programs out. I need to take the time to sit down and study it. The kids are out of school all this week for spring break, so I know it won't be happening this week.
    This place really looks awesome! I've been checking out everything that has been made and they are so pretty! There is a bunch of very talented women on here.
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Look forward to the day when I actually create something.

Carola,
    I signed up for your blog updates. :-))

Hi Lisa!!
    I dont know what program you downloaded the trial for....and the trial doesnt take you very long if you dont want to pay for buying it later.
    I suggest you install GIMP - it is free- totally!!!!
    Get it here: GIMP
    There is no point in figure out a program you will not buy anyway.
    I have tried GIMP, just to check it out and it seems to be ok.
    Maybe we should ask people here in the Forum if there are many GIMP users so there would be someone who could help you.

Good luck and just holler if you need something else.

Carola