shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Creating Elements/Add-ons?

Creating Elements/Add-ons?

Do most Digi Scrappers create their elements in a cg program or do they scan them in and remove the background? Do most Digi Scrappers own their own printer or do they send their pages to shop? Pages are printed as a square, correct? 8x10 can be done by most printers but if you set it to landscape you would have difficulty finding an album? Do they only post the pages online? I have more questions but that is all I can think of now, and these have probably already been asked.

2. Hi mutt!

To answer your first question...YES! LOL. They do both.

Printing? You can print your own pages, if you do them at 8x10 or 8x8...some even have wide format printers that will do 12x12. However, in my experience, you're much better off watching for a good sale on printing, and getting your layouts printed during one of those events. We even have printing services here at GDS. You can check them out here.

I hope I was able to answer your questions a little bit, and be sure and speak up when you think of more!

I want to know the answer about how the elements are created too. I don't think I would ever even think of creating my own stuff, but am curious as to how everyone comes up with the gorgeous stuff they put in the kits.

Well yeah we can scan or photograph the elements and then extract them, as long as there are no blurry spots on the element. That to me is trickier than the extraction, lol. Then we can also make shapes and apply styles, like the metal frame in my Plum kit. I'm so bad at finding inspiration for elements though, and the fact that some people, like Dani, make commercial use items for us to manipulate and recolor can sometimes be a Godsend!
    Shannon Harris ~ Silly Beans Scraps
    <---Are you FANtastic?!--->

5. To answer your question

regarding horiztontal layouts (landscape) I know that Hobby Lobby has scrapbooks that are just for those types of layouts. They are set up differently than the regular 8.5x11.

I usually do layouts in 8x8 because they print nicely and can find some really cute 8x8 books. I also print 12x12 and put in the 12x12 frames. Those are the best presents. But lately, everything I have been doing is 8.5x11. Andrea a designer here has the best templates and come in the 3 formats I just mentioned. She is a fabotastic designer of templates. So that is a great place for you to start maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Bean View Post
    Well yeah we can scan or photograph the elements and then extract them, as long as there are no blurry spots on the element. That to me is trickier than the extraction, lol. Then we can also make shapes and apply styles, like the metal frame in my Plum kit. I'm so bad at finding inspiration for elements though, and the fact that some people, like Dani, make commercial use items for us to manipulate and recolor can sometimes be a Godsend!
    Thanks for that reply. Just have always been curious as to how you all come up with such great stuff. Now if I can only learn to use all the stuff in PSE to compliment all the kits. I took Beginner PSE, not it is time to move to the next level for sure.