shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: GDS Scrap4Hire Sale!!

1. Lightbulb GDS Scrap4Hire Sale!!

*Spend $10 on any order in the GDS Store and Recieve the Puddles of Play Collab Kit Too!*

Wow! What an awesome Sale!

Great sale..

What is S4H (scrap for hire)?? I know it must sound like a dumb question but I am still trying to learn as much as I can.
    Elizabeth

I create for Shelly's Art
    check out my blog

4. Scrap for hire is when you make and sell layouts for other people. Like a person pays you X amount for a layout and the kits you use must be scrap for hire friendly. It's basically a license to use the designs to make a profit. Does that make any sense lol.
    And it's not a dumb question! That's what we're here for!

yes that does make sense. Thanks for answering my question. another quick question then... how is that different than CU (commercial use)??
    Elizabeth

check out my blog

Also, please define S4O. Thanks

7. Scrap for hire licenses typically give you permission to create and sell to a customer a FLATTENED product, where as a commercial license gives you permission to use and change a product to sell to a customer for personal use, who then can manipulate where they want it on a LO, use it in conjunction with other products, etc.

BUT!!! and this is why it is critical to read the TOU...some designers consider CU ANYTHING that results in money changing hands. So in some definitions, S4H would be the same as CU. Confusing isn't it?!? Any time you have a question on a particular product that isn't answered in the TOU it would be wise to contact the designer and ask for clarification.

'Bout as clear as mud, right? ;-)

thank you very much for clearly explaining this. I have no intention of ever doing any of this BUT good for future reference. I am having to much fun USING kits and can not even figure out how to manipulate colors in a kit...lol
    I call myself color stupid, guess that is why I buy complete kits that coordinate.
    Elizabeth

check out my blog

9. anything for S4H use is also good for personal use too!!