shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: How to Shape Pictures?

1. How to Shape Pictures?

I have a few templates I've purchased that include "shapes" for my pictures.

For example, I have a heart shape and I want to "cut" around my picture so it is that heart shape. How do I do that in either PSPX or PSE?

Thanks!

Depending on what version of PSE you have, you could do the following:

1. Copy your photo to a new layer above the shape you want it to assume.
    2. Right click on the photo layer and choose "create clipping mask" or "group with previous". Your photo will then be clipped to the shape of the layer below.
    3. At this point, you can select your photo layer and move or resize it so it fits how you want in the shape.
    4. After you have it how you want it, lock these two layers together.
    5. If you are sure you won't want to make any more changes, right click on the photo layer and choose "merge down". The layers are then merged together and only your shaped photo will show.

I hope that all makes sense. Here is a tutorial from Holly with more detail:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...read.php?t=680
    Last edited by Andrea; 02-28-2007 at 08:43 AM.

3. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try it. However, I'm even more of a newbie when it comes to PSE 5 than with PSP! So we'll see what happens!