shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Week 4 lessons

Week 4 lessons

Here are the links to lessons for the last week:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...r_lesson4a.zip

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...r_lesson4b.zip

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...r_lesson4c.zip
    username and password: stps3

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks so much for this weeks lessons, I have been wanting to learn to do the last two...especially the last one for a while now, just hadn't gotten around to trying to figure it out myself!! LOL Last summer I took a bunch of photos at my parents house and actually stood and went around in a circle taking photos thinking it would be cool to stitch them together, since I had heard you could do that in ps...so now here it is 6 months later, and I hadn't even gotten around to trying it on my own, yet, but now I don't have to!! Thanks!! I think it turned out great. I only used 6 (I know ONLY 6 huh LOL) but I kinda got to thinking maybe doing the full circle thing wouldn't look to good so I decided to only do half the circle. *giggle* I can do the other half in another one later. :)

Oh and since it didn't say to turn in homework for 4a I'm not going to, but I have it if you want it, just let me know.

Homework 4b

Homework 4c

3. Andrea,
    I started working on 4a. When I go to open the cube this message comes up preventing me to do so:
    PDF Security Password
    Please enter the Documents Permissions password to remove the restrictions.

I have never seen this before. Can you help?
    Marge

My pdf's are encrypted. You can only open them in Adobe Reader. That might be what's happening. Make sure you are opening the .jpg cube included in the working files folder. Let me know if that was it.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by margel View Post
    Andrea,
    I started working on 4a. When I go to open the cube this message comes up preventing me to do so:
    PDF Security Password
    Please enter the Documents Permissions password to remove the restrictions.

I have never seen this before. Can you help?
    Marge

5. Lesson 4a

I have the Vanishing Point open with my cube showing. I have marked off my 4 corners on one side and so far so good. However, I click on the Control Key and cannot make a copy to put onto the next side. It just moves the grid I created for the 1st side. Any clues as to why that is not working right? Thanks

You want to make sure and hold down the CTRL key and then mouse over the middle hande on the side you want to drag off of. You will see a little arrow with a grid appear when it's ready to make a new size. Then, you grab the handle and drag. The grid on your first side will disappear and you will only see the outline of it, but it's still there. You will see a new grid appear as you drag out from the old grid. Is that what you mean. It might be just making the new grid. As long as you can still see the outline of the first grid on the first side, it's still there. Let me know if that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeapotLady View Post
    I have the Vanishing Point open with my cube showing. I have marked off my 4 corners on one side and so far so good. However, I click on the Control Key and cannot make a copy to put onto the next side. It just moves the grid I created for the 1st side. Any clues as to why that is not working right? Thanks

7. Thanks Andrea. That was helpful. I was clicking all over the place but didn't know I was to click to the side and look for that teenie grid. I seem to be back on track now.

Darleen

I'll put that down to take another look at that tutorial. I may need to make that a little more clear. :)

Quote Originally Posted by TeapotLady View Post
    Thanks Andrea. That was helpful. I was clicking all over the place but didn't know I was to click to the side and look for that teenie grid. I seem to be back on track now.

Darleen