shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from MD

Hello from MD

I am fairly new to the world of digital scrapbooking and pretty new to this message board. I uploaded all of my digital pages yesterday just didn't get he chance to get on here and give my spill about me.

I am a busy mom of two, one daughter (Samantha) who is a terrible teenager, but one joy in my life and a son (Derek) who is just 4 years younger than his big sis.
    I started paper scrapbooking about 8 years ago and have been collecting digital kits for some time, just had no idea how to use them until I forced myself to find a tutorial on it and kinda winged it from there. I love creating digital laouts, so much faster and I don't have to worry about adhesives and undo...lol
    I love the kits I have seen here and love the layouts as well. I know this place is going to be a great sorce of inspiration and hope to learn so much more about digital scrapbook. I currently am using Adobe Photoshop CS3 and have only broken open the shell of what this amazing program can do.
    I have so many things I want to learn with that program just do not have the time.

I work full time as an assistant Research Chemist and am currently a part time student working towards my bachelors degree. I think because of my lack of time, I like to digital scrapbook as it gives me a break from the norm and I get to do something I love fairly quickly...lol

Anyway, enough about me, I hope to enjoy more of this forum, so TTYL
    Elizabeth

I create for Shelly's Art
    check out my blog

Welcome Elisabeth! It's so exciting to see a fellow Marylander! I'm on the Eastern Shore here..where are you?

Sounds like you are having fun with the munchkins...don't worry, they do become human again after being teenagers (I have 4 munchkins, 27, 25, 20 and 7).

Have fun with CS3 and holler if you need anything!

Welcome again to GDS! Looking forward to seeing you around

Hi Debra, I am in Harford county just north of Batimore. Thanks for the warm welcome. i hope to learn a lot about photoshop while I am here.
    Elizabeth

check out my blog

A HUGE WELCOME to GDS - great to have you join up here! Check out the challenges and tips areas! Glad to have you here! HUGS!

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

5. Hey, Elizabeth! So fun to learn about you! I used to live in Bethesda and Silver Springs....it's great to have you here and I'll have to go check out your gallery!

WELCOME!

6. Hi Elizabeth

welcome from another MD. Sounds like you are a busy lady. I am glad you found your way here and I know you will enjoy it here

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Still trying to navigate my way around here, but it has been fun and I found myself in the store shopping...lol
    Elizabeth

check out my blog

Welcome, so great to have you here! I know you will have a blast and everyone here is very friendly and helpful!!

Hi Elizabeth. I've never been to Maryland but my mom lived there once several years ago. I love the layouts you have posted. I'm fairly new too and have PSE7 and PSCS3. I've been taking Andrea's CS3 Beginner class this month and have really learned a lot. Nice to know a little about you. I just realized that I've been hanging out here for a while now and have never really introduced myself. I guess I should do that. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. Welcome!!

you are absolutely correct. Everyone here is so nice. i love all of the challenges and so much to do it can get overwhelming.
    I am thinking of getting PSE and take the beginner class as well, even though I think i know some of it, most I do not.
    Elizabeth

check out my blog