shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Hi and a question please

1. Hi and a question please

Hi, My name is Kim and I am from Phoenix. I have been here awhile but haven't posted.
    I finally took the plunge to do a template.
    But I have run into a problem. I know how to do the group with on PSE5. What I don't know is how do I get rid of the designers name and the word photo that are on the template. I hope that is not a stupid question.

Thanks for any help.
    Kim

Hi There
    Welcome! Glad you found your way to GDS!
    I dont use Elements, but when I get a template in Photoshop I delete the layers that have text on them or say "delete" this.
    I could be wrong, but I think you would need to do that before you group things

maybe someone else with Elements knows the answer for sure

3. Oh, I figured it out. There was a layer with text that says to delete.
    Thanks anyway.
    Kim

Hey welcome and there are no stupid questions. Yep all you do is delete the layer or I just click the little check box by the layer to hide it. When using a template just remember to "Save As" not "Save" otherwise you will copy over your template and not be able to use it again. That of make a copy of it first and use the copy.

Welcome, glad you found your way to GDS!

Hi Kim and Welcome to GDS! Glad to see that you got the template issue resolved.. we sure can't have those kinds of issues here at GDS with Andrea Gold on board as our Template Queen!

Great to meet you and looking forward to seeing you around!