shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Week 1 lessons

Week 1 lessons

Here are links to download lessons for the first week:

Lesson 1a:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...r_lesson1a.zip

Lesson 1b:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...r_lesson1b.zip

Lesson 1c:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...r_lesson1c.zip

Username and password: stps3
    It's a good idea to copy the username/password to your clipboard or write it down before you click on the download link.

Submit your homework to the class gallery here:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...ry.php?cat=833
    This is a public gallery. Be proud of what you are doing and enjoy any comments you might get from the community as well as each other. Reply in this thread and post a link to your homework.

If you have any trouble downloading or get any corrupt files, try downloading again. Let me know if you have any questions for the lessons this week by posting right here. I also have a thank you gift for signing up that I'll post in just a little while!

I've got my homework finished!! I really loved that meta data info, I didn't realize I could put a copyright on my stuff like that! :)

Homework 1a

Homework 1b

Homework 1c

It's a great feature! I don't use it as often as I should.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie View Post
    I've got my homework finished!! I really loved that meta data info, I didn't realize I could put a copyright on my stuff like that! :)

Homework 1a

Homework 1b

Homework 1c

4. Andrea,
    I'm having a problem with 1c - 3 - Using Keywords. I'm trying to creating a new place in Keywords. I can bring up the area to type the new place name in, but after I type it in, it does not stay there.
    Marge

So, you are selecting "New Keyword" from keywork panel menu which brings up the checkbox with the area you can type the new keyword into and when you press enter after you type the word, it disappears? It should create the new keyword and put it in order alphabetically with the other keywords. Let me know if that's what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by margel View Post
    Andrea,
    I'm having a problem with 1c - 3 - Using Keywords. I'm trying to creating a new place in Keywords. I can bring up the area to type the new place name in, but after I type it in, it does not stay there.
    Marge

6. I am in Keywords. I am trying to put in a new "Place". I can 'highlight' Places, but I cannot check the box next to Places. When I right click I can select "New Keyword". I'm holding my cursor over "Places"when I right click, but the new area to type in appears above "Events'. I can type in my new Place, but when I press enter afterwards, yes, it disappears.

Ok, what you actually are trying to do is add a new sub keywork. Places is already a keyword so you want to add a new sub keywork under places if I'm understanding you right. So, when you right click on places, choose "New Sub Keyword." Then, type it in and press enter and it should show up under Places. :) You can add multiple levels of sub keywords, but keywords themselves are the top level categories. For example, you could add "Central Park" under New York which might be under Places. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by margel View Post
    I am in Keywords. I am trying to put in a new "Place". I can 'highlight' Places, but I cannot check the box next to Places. When I right click I can select "New Keyword". I'm holding my cursor over "Places"when I right click, but the new area to type in appears above "Events'. I can type in my new Place, but when I press enter afterwards, yes, it disappears.