shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atomic Cupcake Actions

Okay, I joined AC and got some great actions, but can someone tell me the best way to get them into PSE5, I can't wait to use them?
    Beth

2. Cut out action

One of Atomic Cupcakes newest actions is the cut out action. It is awesome for making digi stickers. They look so real! They are not perfectly flat, they have a little bit of lift to them, so they look like they were applied to the page and could be lifted off.
    AmyLeigh

They do work in Elements. I've been using some of them for quite awhile now. I first learned about Panos on the PhotoshopElementsTechniques forum.

His effects, styles & actions are incredible!

~Nita

Quote Originally Posted by strawbry_wine View Post
    and here's another location for some great Photoshop freebies and many work in Elements, too.
    http://www.panosfx.com/

4. Wow..this thread sure is a blast from the past!

You're right Debra! This IS a blast from the past! Maybe we should get this one going again.

These actions look very interesting. May I know how to use them in PSE6 or be directed to where I can learn? I downloaded some of the free ones to try but I want to make sure I can use them before purchasing more.

Thanks

7. For PSE6, copy the atn file into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Photo Creations\photo effects (assuming you installed it on your c: drive).

Open PSE6, and open the .psd file that came with it using PSE6, and save it as a PNG file with the same name as the atn file and put it in the same location.

You can then find the actions in Effects\All. All the icons you saved an pngs will be displayed and clicking on them and clicking apply will launch the corresonpding action.

Quote Originally Posted by babyyaks View Post
    For PSE6, copy the atn file into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Photo Creations\photo effects (assuming you installed it on your c: drive).

Open PSE6, and open the .psd file that came with it using PSE6, and save it as a PNG file with the same name as the atn file and put it in the same location.

You can then find the actions in Effects\All. All the icons you saved an pngs will be displayed and clicking on them and clicking apply will launch the corresonpding action.
    Thanks so much. I will try it and let you know how it worked.