A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.
1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout
2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!
4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.
5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge*
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!
8. Use of at least 50% GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!
9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.
10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.
11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!
To link your images back to the gallery .. have a look here
Also... here's on on how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the GDS designer
1. So... DECEMBER... Winter or Summer in the Southern Hemisphere.. The month of so many different celebrations.. so you choose what you want to celebrate, and well start with a nice background paper.. and because we started a little late.. you'll have til Saturday to finish Step 1 which shouldn't be too hard! lol
Post your layout by Saturday, December 8, 2012 The next step will be posted Saturday, December 8 2012
2. Right... so this step has a few parts.. 1. Find a dark paper. Now, remember the curved/wavey elements we did a few months back, make a curved/wavy border on the right side of your paper, going from top to bottom and about 3-4 inches at it's widest part. Take the same paper and make a super wavey border on the left side but only about 1 inch at it's widest part. Ok.. done with that paper. 2. Now find another contrasting coloured paper and make another curved wavy border and put it on top of the border on the right side, making sure you don't block out the bottom one too much ie one little curve or wave is ok. Ok.. done with this paper. 3. Now add shadows to give the borders some depth and you can add a little burnt edge to them too if you like. Again I've given directions for one *view*. If you'd like to reverse the directions, that's perfectly ok too.
Post your layout by Thursday, December 13, 2012 The next step will be posted Friday, December 14 2012
3. Find the photo you wish to use for this layout and cut it into a circle and frame it. Place it centered over the double waves near the bottom. Add shadows to give depth. That's it! lol
Post your layout by Wednesday, December 19, 2012 The next step will be posted Thursday, December 20 2012
4. So here we are adding stuff. First find a hanging object ie ornament and hang it somewhere between the curves. Now find some trees or gingerbread people or other interesting winter/holiday/christmas things and arrange them near the bottome between the curves. Now make a cluster around the bottom of your circle photo, in the area nearest the corner. Add shadows. That's it. OHH.. and maybe some glittery scatters or sprays through the middle.. :)
Post your layout by Wednesday, December 26, 2012 The next step will be posted Thursday, December 27 2012
5. Ok.. So I'll make the finish fast and furious! lol.. like a SNOW storm! ... Your layout needs a Title.. try fining word art or a font that you've not used before. Add some journaling and don't forget the date! . That's it.. end of 2012!!! WO HOO
Post your layout by Monday, December 31, 2012!