PDA

View Full Version : 29 Nov. Speed Scrap going on now! Come join us!!

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi! Are you all ready for another speed scrap??

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Ready

pewtertm
11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
More than ready! I've been needing a kick-start to my scrapping this week...so this will be perfect!

3beans
11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Ready!

elenasworld
11-29-2008, 06:04 PM
ready as I will ever be

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah! Someone's here! Here are the basic participation instructions:

I'll provide a suggestion every 10 minutes for the next hour for you to
complete a layout. There will be 7 suggestions total. The final suggestion
will be given at the end of the hour and you will have one hour to post to
the member gallery and put a link back here. Don't forget to post a link
back here or I won't find your layout. I hope you have fun with with this!

Here's the posting bonus you'll get for participating:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/_andrea/andreagold_xm ascardtemps_thumb_MED.jpg

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Here's the first suggestion:

1. Find two solid papers and a notebook paper. One of the papers needs to have a worn look.

pewtertm
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds great...and the posting bonus templates are wonderful! Thanks for hosting this speed scrap for us Andrea!

bozena
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I"m ready!

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I love these card templates. So much infact that I have stopped timing my contractions because they interfere with my scrapping!! LOL

elenasworld
11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
I love these card templates. So much infact that I have stopped timing my contractions because they interfere with my scrapping!! LOL

:laugh:

Sharon Kay
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Do we ONLY use GDS kits or can it be any?

BTW Andrea I bought your organizer templates...wow they are great! You put a lot of thought into them!

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 06:14 PM
ok got my papers - that took entirely too long :)

elenasworld
11-29-2008, 06:17 PM
i think i finally got my papers

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Ok, my Internet just went out. Hopefully it stays this time. I'm so excited to be hosting this. I would prefer for you to use GDS products if you can. :wink: Here's the 2nd suggestion:

1. Find two solid papers and a notebook paper. One of the papers needs to have a worn look.

2. Stack and rotate all the papers in any way you wish, but use them full size. Stack them in whatever order you want as long as you can see part of all of them and you use them full size.

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Why is it when you go to the hospital - the contractions stop and your left lying there feeling like maybe you don't know what your talking about. Went through that last night and I vowed to not go back unless my water breaks.

casey4
11-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Nice template set.

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Don't you hate that? They told me that with my 3rd baby and when they called my doctor, he was so tired of hearing from me that he told them to hook me up and get my labor started! :laugh:

Why is it when you go to the hospital - the contractions stop and your left lying there feeling like maybe you don't know what your talking about. Went through that last night and I vowed to not go back unless my water breaks.

casey4
11-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Stack the two solids and notebook papers? Any order?

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Here's the 3rd suggestion:

2. Stack and rotate all the papers in any way you wish, but use them full size.

3. Find one photo to put on your layout and one frame to go with it. Place your
photo and frame on your layout.

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Whatever order you want as long as you can see part of all of them and you use them full size. :)

Stack the two solids and notebook papers? Any order?

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 06:26 PM
The kicker in my case is I have to have a c section - so why do I have to go through all of this. Good news was the baby looked really good on the monitor so at least there is that. Both of my other girls had issues!

kpieczyn
11-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Ok. This is starting to get interesting.

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm jumping in -- hopefully I can catch.

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Here's the fourth suggestion...

2. Stack and rotate all the papers in any way you wish, but use them full size. Stack them in whatever order you want as long as you can see part of all of them and you use them full size.

4. Place 2 ricracs, one ribbon, and one ribbon wrap somewhere on your layout.

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 06:34 PM
The kicker in my case is I have to have a c section - so why do I have to go through all of this. Good news was the baby looked really good on the monitor so at least there is that. Both of my other girls had issues!

Oh my goodness, I had two C-sections. I was so glad I didn't go into labor before the second one. You poor thing. When is your cesarean scheduled?

elenasworld
11-29-2008, 06:34 PM

Wow!
they didn't schedule you a date?
at least you got to check in on the baby

Sharon Kay
11-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Ok...I just got a brand new laptop (my old one died...luckily i bought a warranty)...gotta find that "special" GDS folder with the kits in it...I think the only one that might look worn is your retro kit? now to find out where I filed that folder when my laptop went in the shop

Sharon Kay
11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Here's the fourth suggestion...

I'm not sure I have a ribbon wrap...I have all boys so generally the boy kits don't have them...can I fake it to make it look like there is a piece of ribbon going from side to side?

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm trying to think which of my kits have worn stuff in them.

Ok...I just got a brand new laptop (my old one died...luckily i bought a warranty)...gotta find that "special" GDS folder with the kits in it...I think the only one that might look worn is your retro kit? now to find out where I filed that folder when my laptop went in the shop

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes, you can fake it!

I'm not sure I have a ribbon wrap...I have all boys so generally the boy kits don't have them...can I fake it to make it look like there is a piece of ribbon going from side to side?

Sharon Kay
11-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Cool thanks!

Still looking on 3 hard drives so far for the GDS folder...hmmm where did I put it? Found a few of your kits filed in the "categories" so going to pull those up and look...I feel so disorganized.

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Here's the 5th suggestion:

2. Stack and rotate all the papers in any way you wish, but use them full size. Stack them in

whatever order you want as long as you can see part of all of them and you use them full size.

3. Find one photo to put on your layout and one frame to go with it. Place your photo and frame on your layout.

5. Find something flourishing and green like a leaf or branch and put it under your photo so only part of it is showing. Also put it under one of your papers so only part of it is showing.

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I think I am caught up -- took me a little bit to find notebook paper and ric rac. Sometimes it's hard to remember what kit you had that in. Yikes!

Silly Bean
11-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey Andrea and everyone, I'm just popping in for a second to see how things are going. :) We just finished decorating the tree, and now DH wants some quality time in front of the TV. So I can't stay, but I still wanted to sneak in and say hi while he's putting DD to bed. So HI! The instructions look GREAT Andrea, I may have to do this one on my own time!

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I sent my hubby and the kids to his sister's house to play the wii! Otherwise, I can't get anything done!

Hey Andrea and everyone, I'm just popping in for a second to see how things are going. :) We just finished decorating the tree, and now DH wants some quality time in front of the TV. So I can't stay, but I still wanted to sneak in and say hi while he's putting DD to bed. So HI! The instructions look GREAT Andrea, I may have to do this one on my own time!

3beans
11-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok, maybe not so ready afterall... You lost me at the 3 papers full-size. Can you give me a hint? If they're full-size how they all be seen? Just by rotating them?

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, one is a notebook paper so it may not be as big as the others. With the other two you can either offset it or rotate it. Does that make sense? By offset I mean just slide it to one side.

Ok, maybe not so ready afterall... You lost me at the 3 papers full-size. Can you give me a hint? If they're full-size how they all be seen? Just by rotating them?

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 06:55 PM

I figured you can see corners by rotating or you can move them to overlap the edge of the canvas.

Sharon Kay
11-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I sent my hubby and the kids to his sister's house to play the wii! Otherwise, I can't get anything done!

I hear ya! If this was tomorrow I would have been cruisin....got a coffeehouse booked for Sunday from noon until 10 pm...local gals are going to meet me there and we're scrapping kid-free for 10 hours! woo hoo!

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Andrea, I was typing at the same time, but you explained that so much better than I did. :-)

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I hear ya! If this was tomorrow I would have been cruisin....got a coffeehouse booked for Sunday from noon until 10 pm...local gals are going to meet me there and we're scrapping kid-free for 10 hours! woo hoo!

How fun! Great idea!

3beans
11-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Whew, ok. Offsetting good, and I do have a small notebook paper. Thought maybe that one had to be full size too. Ok, back on track!

Andrea
11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Here's the 6th suggestion:

3. Find one photo to put on your layout and one frame to go with it. Place your photo and frame on your layout.

5. Find something flourishing and green like a leaf or branch and put it under your photo so only part of it is showing. Also put it under one of your papers so only part of it is showing.

6. Place a Title, a date, and some journaling on your layout using two different fonts.

Andrea
11-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Here's the last suggestion:

6. Place a Title, a date, and some journaling on your layout using two different fonts.

7. Top your layout off with a few flowers placed over the top of other elements you have used.

Remember, you have one hour to finish, upload to the gallery, and link it back here....BE SURE to LINK IT or I won't find it. I'll announce just after 11:00 who the winner of the $5 off coupon is and I'll get the links to the bonus sent out tonight too!

Thanks for joining in everyone!

Sharon Kay
11-29-2008, 07:06 PM
I can't believe this...technically not one of my gds kits has a worn piece of paper...first I thought of Doreen's Boys will be Boys because I remembered the alphabet was worn...but not one of the papers! lol Guess I will have to look elsewhere for paper....

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the instructions, Andrea -- This is so fun!

Andrea
11-29-2008, 07:14 PM
I'll leave worn up to your opinion. I'm not going to disqualify anyone because a paper doesn't look worn enough. :)

I can't believe this...technically not one of my gds kits has a worn piece of paper...first I thought of Doreen's Boys will be Boys because I remembered the alphabet was worn...but not one of the papers! lol Guess I will have to look elsewhere for paper....

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry to disappear. Had a few bad ones in a row forced to breath. I am scheduled for December 8th. I really don't see us lasting that long. Dr says if I am truely in labor he will do section earlier - obviously. Let the waiting commence. THanks Andrea - I am gonna try to finish this LO cuz I really like it and then go put my feet up.

sparkles
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I know I don't say a lot during these speed scraps but I do enjoy them. Here is my LO

Little Miss Attitude (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44252&ppuser=8401)

3beans
11-29-2008, 07:21 PM
oh, right. PHOTO. Need a photo. This is really stressful!

kpieczyn
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Here's mine: Pretty Angel Eyes (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44253&ppuser=9352)

amandamoo
11-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Here's mine...

Caffeine Eyes (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44255)

elenasworld
11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for a great Speed Scrap
Here's mine
rock (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44256)

Sharon Kay
11-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I cannot believe I made it...with as long as it took me to find my kits filed on different drives (because of laptop dying)...

I found a way to grunge a paper with a grungy overlay!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44257&ppuser=4013

pewtertm
11-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Here's mine:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44258&ppuser=2407

3beans
11-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Here's mine

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44259

edited to correct bad link

CrazyMommy
11-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Hopefully I am not too late. It took longer to post than I hoped, but here it is anyway. Thanks for the challenge!

Field Trip (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44260&ppuser=9777)

Andrea
11-29-2008, 08:08 PM
You all made it in time. The winner of the $5 off coupon is Sharon Kay. I'll be looking at the layouts and sending out the bonuses in just a minute.

Thanks for participating!

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Here is my page: The Princess Belle Dress (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=44263&ppuser=13137//url)

Thanks so much Andrea this one was fun. {Even with the labor pains} :twitcy:

bozena
11-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I am very late, but this is what I came up with : http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11758m

Andrea
11-29-2008, 09:03 PM
All of the layouts were fantastic and I got the posting bonuses sent out. Let me know if I missed you!

Thanks again for participating!

j_camargo6
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh MAN! I just got home and I missed it!! I ended up having to go pick up my DD from a birthday party she was invited to (last minute) and did some errands while we were out...and TOTALLY missed it! DARN! Well, I'll look forward to Andrea's NEXT speed scraps!

RN_Meow
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the bonus and for hosting a great speed scrap!

3beans
11-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Thanks for hosting the speed scrap - I had a fun time! And thank you for the posting bonus; they're lovely as always!

pewtertm
11-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Congratulation Sharon! WOOHOO!!! *woot

Chanin
11-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I am so bummed that I ended up missing this! I had totally planned to do this and then my MIL called and wanted me to go see the movie "Four Christmases" with her. This doesn't happen to often, so I didn't want to turn her down!!

I will look forward to the next speed scrap!!!