PDA

View Full Version : Digiscrapper-Aholics 12 Step Program

Debra
02-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Dear GDS,

Since I found your products, I have not stopped downloading, oogling and scrapping with them. My husband has gone supperless, my children without shoes or bread and I have not combed my hair in days. Help! Is there a 12 Step Program for my addiction?

Sincerely,
Craving More

Dear Craving More,

We have been made aware of the addictive potential of our products and in an effort to avoid government sanctions, have developed the following 12 Step Program. We hope it helps with your situation.

Step 1. Admit you have a problem.

Step 2. Continue digital scrapbooking with your current supply of products. If you don't, you'll feel guilty for having spend the money on them.

Step 3. Put the pizza man on speed dial.

Step 4. Get your children flip flops.

Step 5. Have husband watch the movie, "Mr. Mom".

Step 6. Join a support group for women like yourself so that you can share your problems with eachother. You can always find a chat here at GDS!

Step 7. Apologize to the people your addiction has hurt by making them a really cute card.

Step 8. Have hair cut short into a hassle-free, 5 minute style.

Step 9. Don't stop scrapping to go to sleep. This will allow more time to make more layouts and you won't mess up your 5 minute hair style.

Step 10. Turn on ESPN, your husband will forget about dinner.

Step 11. Focus on the positive. You are creating something wonderful for the people you love and neglect.

Step 12. Feed the addiction. Buy GDS products whenever you can, otherwise withdrawal symptoms will set in.

Sincerely,
goDigitalScrapbooking.com

(found in a scrappers magazine and altered to digiscrapping-aholics state of mind) :):laugh: :laugh:

ckbymommy
02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/smilies/RoflLg.gif

Leslie Emery
02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I can relate!!! That is just toooo funny : >

twirlyjoy
02-10-2007, 10:58 AM
hhhhmmmm I honestly can't remember actually sending that to you, but guess I must have done! ;)

brandiwest
02-10-2007, 11:07 AM
:lmao:

steph
02-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Too funny, Debra.. you make me smile!

Stephanie

jabilga
02-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Very funny - and not altogether wrong!

dragonflyscrapper76
02-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Love this I might have to print this out and post on my desk

MamaB
02-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Sigh - saw this thread and was hoping for a support group to ease up on the addiction not one to aid in it.:no:

ckbymommy
02-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Hello, My name is Melanie and I have been scrap-free for 0 days.

Debra
02-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Hello, My name is Melanie and I have been scrap-free for 0 days.

:dito:

:hahaha: :pcguru:

Xaria
02-10-2007, 09:47 PM
"Continued use of the addictive substance induces adaptive changes in the brain that lead to tolerance, physical dependence, uncontrollable craving and, all too often, relapse. Dependence is at such a point that stopping is very difficult and causes severe physical and mental reactions from withdrawal."
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=10177

There you go ladies it is too dangerous to give up:giggle:

okblues
02-10-2007, 10:49 PM
ROFL! That is too funny, and almost too true.

okekeca
02-11-2007, 05:09 AM
LOL, this is soooo true, at least at some parts. :wink:
Thank goodness my kids are adult and dont need my attention so much any longer....
Poor hubby has to entertain himself watching tv, maybe he can get addicted too......:laugh:

:pcguru: :pcguru: :pcguru: :pcguru:

Lainey
02-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Just too funny for words. My name is Lainey and I'm a scrapaholic. I was up until 4AM scrapping. I love my addiction and find it hard to understand why others don't!

*LOL*

lindajd
02-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Scrap?? hmmmmm what's that!! I'm so busy looking for d'loads that I don't even have time to create!! sheesh what a dipstick I am!!! :(
gorra get into it...gorra get into....gora get.....gorra...

Debra
02-12-2007, 10:17 AM
"Continued use of the addictive substance induces adaptive changes in the brain that lead to tolerance, physical dependence, uncontrollable craving and, all too often, relapse. Dependence is at such a point that stopping is very difficult and causes severe physical and mental reactions from withdrawal."
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=10177

There you go ladies it is too dangerous to give up:giggle:

OH...I love that!!! Thanks X!

goofeejules
02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Very cute! Thanks for the giggle!

steph
02-12-2007, 05:51 PM
You guys are all just too funny! I love your quote there, Xaria... I will have to show that to my dh the next time he complains I scrap too much!!! :)

Stephanie