PDA

View Full Version : Girls self-image based on what???

HollyS
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Received this link and thought I'd share it with you especially for the moms who have girls. You should show this to them so they can get a sense of how manipulated information given to us really is!

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca/film_fullscreen_evo.html

steph
01-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow, Holly... very effective... why didn't they have these sorts of things when we were teens... I could have used that kind of message in my life!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Steph

beany
01-11-2007, 11:46 AM
WOW as a Mom of two DD who are bright pre-teens, getting into make up and looks, this is awesome! Thanks so much for putting it up. Fantastic. Aren't Dove great? *biggrin Big up to Dove from me!

HollyS
01-11-2007, 11:56 AM
PS, Deb was the one who sent out this link to our family so I posted it here :)

Rebecca
01-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I have seen this before. There was a website a while back a professional photo editor you could call it and it had the big actors and singers on it with before and after photos. There was one of Paris and Nichole before paris was too skinny knobby knees and elbows and nichole looked fine. The after photo they had softened the boney look on Paris and a 3rd of nichole was gone just edited and scooted. How horrid is that? The site got too much traffic and he moved it but it was one heck of a look into the fake part of our ideals of beauty.

NicholeAnn
01-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I've seen this one before, too, and showed it to my oldest girl. She was flabbergasted. She has a whole new sense of reality now.

okblues
01-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the link! It is important to me & dh to give our dds a positive image of themselves & help them understand that God made each of us unique and special.

redring
01-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Seen it befor and think this is pretty awsome of them!

twirlyjoy
01-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I have seen this before too, and showed it to my girls then - it is certainly very enlightening