PDA

View Full Version : farwell kitty

redring
01-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Well the poor kitty I was nurseing went to the vet today. She seemed to be getting so much better. The vet said she should have been dead over two weeks ago though. She said she aplouded me for keeping her alive this long and wasent really sure how I did. She was in pain though with failing liver and we put her down. Ive been beet red most of the day with puffy eyes and I feel useless. This was my mother in laws cat but it was basically my DHs when he lived at home and I wanted to be suportive of him. Instead I havent been able to stop tearing up. He actually had to console ME! The thing is I just feel so bad for her. It dident have to be this way. But my MIL just dident want to listen to us and threw her outside rather than takeing her to an shelter. I am sooo mad at her. It was just too much of an inconvience to call around and take her in. And she is still only thinking of her self!! When we came home Her first words to my DH were " I supose shes mad at me". I have been trying to do things to keep busy all day . Post, clean, make and involved dinner. Play with my Furbabies. Poor things have been over loved today. I finally figured it may be best if I just get it off my chest. Well there is my day. We had to take off work and pay for everything too. Ok I think im done.

twirlyjoy
01-11-2007, 12:08 AM
awww, I am so sorry. It is so hard when we lose pets - am thinking about you

babydoe
01-11-2007, 05:16 AM
That is so sad. I know how hard it is to lose a darling pet, especially after you have been working so hard to help them get better. I had one cat that had diabetes and I had to do a lot for many years to keep her feeling well, everything from IVs to keep her hydrated (which she was so patient with) to special foods. She was 17 when I finally had to have her put to sleep but the vet was always there to assure me that her quality of life was good. I still have the mother of that cat. Gertrude is now 21 and will be 22 on St. Patrick's Day. She seems to be in really good health but is hard of hearing. I dread the day when I no longer have her with me. I am so used to having her on my lap whenever I sit down.

You tried your best to help the poor little thing so you should take comfort in that fact and that she knew you cared.

Debra
01-11-2007, 05:38 AM
I am so sorry Red. It's good that you vented though, atleast you got it out some. Our pets are our family too and it's hearbreaking to lose them no matter what the circumstances. Hugs to you...

redring
01-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks.

HollyS
01-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss....please know that we are thinking of you and sending you some sunshine!

beany
01-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Oh dear, this is sad. I feel for you i really do. Know that you are in my thoughts.*smile

Robbi1
01-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Red, God Bless you and thank you for doing your best. He knows when its time. We have been there and been through it too many many times to talk about and it is as if we are loosing a family member. Very good to vent - and we are here to listen and be your shoulder if needed! Big Hugs!

redring
01-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks All! I feel better today. At least she is no longer in pain.