PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Wendaful
04-16-2008, 08:55 AM
I have a question about element files. I have seen elements that have groups. Like 3 ribbons together, like a swatch or a sheet of rhinestones. What are you supposed to do with them? are you supposed to somehow separate them? I was hoping someone could tell me. thanks
Wenda:wink:

Mom_of_5
04-16-2008, 09:14 AM
What program do you use? Mainly, I use PSE5.

I take either the marquee tool or lasso tool, select the item on the page that I want to use then change to the move tool and drag the item onto my page. Who knows if that's the correct way or not, but it works!

Hope that helps...

Victoria32
04-16-2008, 04:16 PM
I do the same as you do Mel. I use either the of those tools as well to seperate the items. The same is true when the alpha comes as one sheet rather then a seperate file for each letter.

kel3120
04-16-2008, 05:18 PM
I've always used the crop tool and cut the element out that I wanted. Your way sounds easier, so I'll have to try that!

Wendaful
04-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks everyone. I have not had much luck with the lasso tool. But I was going to use the eraser and I think your ideas might be easier.

thanks

sugar_skull
08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for your question, I also have a hard time with the lasso tool. I mostly use PSP X2. I actually avoid purchasing scrap items if I know they will be on one sheet and have not had any luck separating any of the sheets I do have.

twirlyjoy
08-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks for your question, I also have a hard time with the lasso tool. I mostly use PSP X2. I actually avoid purchasing scrap items if I know they will be on one sheet and have not had any luck separating any of the sheets I do have.

If you are using PSP, it is very easy to separate them. If it is a simple shape such as a rectangle, I use the rectangle shaped selection tool and just copy and paste. If it is a more awkward shape, I use the point to point freehand selection tool and then copy and paste.

Ina
08-13-2008, 06:12 AM
If you are using PSP, it is very easy to separate them. If it is a simple shape such as a rectangle, I use the rectangle shaped selection tool and just copy and paste. If it is a more awkward shape, I use the point to point freehand selection tool and then copy and paste.

How about in PS CS3? I haven't figured it out yet. :I Stupid me.....but would appreciate any help. LOL! :)

sparkles
08-13-2008, 06:49 AM
In PS CS3 I usally use the marqee or lasso tool to select the item I want to use and hold the ctrl key and cut it from the page

Ina
08-13-2008, 11:31 AM
In PS CS3 I usally use the marqee or lasso tool to select the item I want to use and hold the ctrl key and cut it from the page

Thanks. I have to try this out. :)