PDA

View Full Version : Journaling Advice

WenRob
01-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I have some pictures of my kids with my grandma that the Frost Bite kit would be perfect for. They were taken a few months before she unexpectedly passed. My question is: Do I journal about them is the past or present tense? Is either way right or wrong? What do you prefer?

Charlie'sMomma
01-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh, my I'm sorry for your loss. I'm certainly not an expert on such things, but I think that whatever feels right to YOU is what is right. These are YOUR memories, journal however it comes to mind.

inge
01-21-2008, 02:40 AM
I agree with Charlie'sMomma ! Go with your feeling !

KattyZak
01-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I agree with that what the others say, too. First thought would be to write it in present time as to reflect more deeply on what you know today if that makes sense. I flip flop all over the place on who, tense, etc. on most of my journaling.

twirlyjoy
01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I am very sorry for your loss :( I had this very same issue with journalling photos of my girls with my Mum a while back. I ended up doing what the others have suggested - whatever felt right!

I found that if I was scrapping about what had happened in the photographs at the time, then I would journal in the past tense, but if I was doing a LO about how we felt now, using older photos, then I journalled in the present tense!

Sorry, that probably doesn't help much - I guess I am just saying what the others have said - do what feels right to you!

ScrapShana
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
The others have already given some great advice. Maybe jot down what you want to say on a piece of paper first. Pretend you are writing a letter to a far away loved one and describing the picture, person, layout to them.

Sorry for your loss, but you are lucky to have photographs to be able to preserve her memory. Good luck!!

WenRob
01-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and input ladies. I think I will try writing it out first and then making my decision.