PDA

View Full Version : PSP Shapes?

WenRob
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
This is going to sound really stupid but I can't for the life of me figure out how to 'cut' or 'clip' my pictures into the right shape. I've tried to use templates but my pictures are never the right shape or size. Can anyone help me? I'm so frustrated!

anitastreet
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
This is going to sound really stupid but I can't for the life of me figure out how to 'cut' or 'clip' my pictures into the right shape. I've tried to use templates but my pictures are never the right shape or size. Can anyone help me? I'm so frustrated!

try this tutorial (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122) and see if this helps.

I used pspX2...when I'm not using a template, what I do when I want to cut out a shape in psp is to create a new layer and draw my shape with the shape tool, then follow the tips from the tutorial...make sure the paper or photo I want to cut is above the shape I've drawn, makre usre you are on the shape layer, then I do a ctrlA, then ctrlF (float) then I invert..then select the paper or photo you want to cut and do a delete..... I learned this from Daphne..who teaches the psp class here at GDS...I'm going to have to sign up for it so I can learn all the other neat things I can do with psp.

hope that helps.

WenRob
01-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Thank you for your help, I will give it a try. I did myself a huge disservice using Roxio as my first program. I want to do the classes too when I get the extra cash. I did her tutorial on blending a pic into a backround and it was very easy to follow.

WenRob
01-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm doing something wrong, maybe it's the template I'm using. The picture keeps ending up in the frame part of the template instead of the picture inside of template. I'm just about ready to give up!

ABitDaffy
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Wen,

It sounds like your inverting isn't working....try these steps:

1)Select your TEMPLATE layer
2)press Ctrl+A on your keyboard - this selects the whole template layer
3)press Ctrl+F on your keyboard - this floats the selection
4)press Ctrl+D on your keyboard - this defloats the selection
5)press SHIFT+CTRL+I on your keyboard - this inverts the selection
6)select your PICTURE layer
7)then press delete

If you have any other trouble, let me know...

WenRob
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Thank you, I will give it a shot.

eta: I finally got it! I was trying to use the wrong piece of the template, the frame rather then the part where the pictures go. Thank you so much for your help ladies.