PDA

View Full Version : designing help please

beachnut999
01-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I have a friend in Germany who has asked me (of all people) lol for help in designing a paper for a LO she wants to do. It is a graduated paper with the shades blending in in various hues.1028 Anyway she has a silhouette for the bottom. I tried one using pse5's orange gradient and I also took a cut and paste of the side (nor writing) and then used the healer tool to take out the star effect but it wasn't too smooth. There has to be an easier way..hoping I don't need PSc3 to do it. I do have PSP but am still playing with that one 1029 My sample after playing. not very good. Can someone give me a clue. TIA

twirlyjoy
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't have psp open right now, so I can't check, but I am pretty sure that psp has a gradient just like that already installed in it - definitely worth checking :)

beachnut999
01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I knew that's why I love this site always some one to help in a pinch. I got the PM and yes that is what I think she needs.She doesn't have PSP so I'll check it out for her. Iknew the cut and paste couldn't be right it was so choppy and sloppy lol
Thanks again for the help.

twirlyjoy
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
No problem - glad I could help :)

emst
01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I have a friend in Germany who has asked me (of all people) lol for help in designing a paper for a LO she wants to do. It is a graduated paper with the shades blending in in various hues.1028 Anyway she has a silhouette for the bottom. I tried one using pse5's orange gradient and I also took a cut and paste of the side (nor writing) and then used the healer tool to take out the star effect but it wasn't too smooth. There has to be an easier way..hoping I don't need PSc3 to do it. I do have PSP but am still playing with that one 1029 My sample after playing. not very good. Can someone give me a clue. TIA

Hi
If either of you have PSE 2 and up to CS3 you can use the Gradient Tool to get the effect that she wants. I like using that because while the tool is open you can open your color pallette and with the eyedropper choose the colors that you want as you move down the scale to get the colors in place that you want to use, also slide the little diamonds as you go to get the right blending. Here is a sample I just did and it only took a couple of minutes to do it. It's fun just to see the different effect that you can get using this and just how many different shades of colors you can blend with the tool

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee169/emsst/Gradient.jpg

ABitDaffy
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
PSP will let you create your own gradient with as many colors as you like - so you could do that using the colors in her picture and then you could use the warp brush (or the Mesh Warp) to blend the colors together in that kind of sloped look.