PDA

View Full Version : Making Words Game

emst
12-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Is everyone ready for another game where you can win a $5.00 coupon to spend in the GDS store?
I'm sure that you have all played this game at some point.
If you haven't here is what you need to do.

All you have to do is make words from (the saying below). The words
must be at least 5 letter words, no names please and you can’t use the title words…can’t
do the singular and the plural please (i.e.—gift and gifts) and you can use the letters
only once for instance the e can be used only once because there is only one e the c can
be used twice in a word because there are 2 c’s in the title. If you have
any questions don’t hesitate to ask and please PM your answers to either gigichet or emst.
You have until the 18th to PM Gwen or Elaine your answers. Whoever makes the most valid words wins.
Thank you for playing and HAVE FUN…

Merry Christmas from Go Digital Scrapbooking

inge
12-13-2007, 04:39 AM
These games are hard ! Pfffff... Will keep me bussy for quite some time LOL !

anitastreet
12-13-2007, 05:12 AM
this will keep me busy for sure..Katie and I love to play these kind of games... :) am I allowed to play again since I won the cookie contest? and what would the time deadline be? thanks..this is fun!

emst
12-13-2007, 05:14 AM
this will keep me busy for sure..Katie and I love to play these kind of games... :) am I allowed to play again since I won the cookie contest? and what would the time deadline be? thanks..this is fun!

Yes Anita you can still play and win, no limit on how many times you win.

anitastreet
12-13-2007, 05:32 AM
thanks Elaine..what's our time deadline? and English only words?

Mom_of_5
12-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Man...these games are hard for me! but I'll try almost anything for a coupon! :laugh:

mosser77
12-13-2007, 06:24 AM
you can use the letters
only once for instance the e can be used only once because there is only one e the c can
be used twice in a word because there are 2 cís in the title.

Do you mean for the whole game, or per word? Can I use the letter 'e' one time in several different words, or once I use the 'e' it is gone forever?

emst
12-13-2007, 06:31 AM
thanks Elaine..what's our time deadline? and English only words?

You have until the 18th and please only English words otherwise I would have to go out and buy a lot of dictionaries in different languages

emst
12-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Do you mean for the whole game, or per word? Can I use the letter 'e' one time in several different words, or once I use the 'e' it is gone forever?

You can only use the letter "e" for instance only once in one word. You can use the letters in several different words. If there is more than one letter in the quote you can use that letter more than once in your word. There are three "o" in Merry Christmas godigitalscrapbooking so you could use the letter "o" three times in one word.

KattyZak
12-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Cool.
This could take awhile...

anitastreet
12-13-2007, 07:08 AM
oh good, now if I can remember to send this in before then! :) I'm up to almost 300 but I'm sure there are a lot more! my kind of puzzle/game :)

KattyZak
12-13-2007, 07:20 AM
oh good, now if I can remember to send this in before then! :) I'm up to almost 300 but I'm sure there are a lot more! my kind of puzzle/game :)

Holey crap, Anita. I know there are a lot in there but I took a break at 66. 300? Wow. You go!

KattyZak
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Anita, have you added any? I am at 284.

mosser77
12-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh geez...I gotta get going!

emst
12-13-2007, 05:29 PM
You have until Tuesday to PM your answers, good luck.

gigichet
12-13-2007, 06:06 PM
woohoo sounds like you all are having a lot of fun with this one.

anitastreet
12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Anita, have you added any? I am at 284.

yeah, I'm over 600...and still adding more...it's an obsession! :)

edited..over 700 now!! anyone else?

KattyZak
12-13-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah, I'm over 600...and still adding more...it's an obsession! :)

edited..over 700 now!! anyone else?
Woman, what are you thinking? I think I could do that but as I think of more so will you. Are they are all 5 letters with one n, e, and d....mmmm, what to do, what to do.

anitastreet
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Woman, what are you thinking? I think I could do that but as I think of more so will you. Are they are all 5 letters with one n, e, and d....mmmm, what to do, what to do.

yup...only one e, n or d per word..all words at least 5 letters....I do word games for fun...this is right up my alley! I'm up to 800+ keep going...it gets easier...I found 300-600 went fast!

don't forget I'm sitting here with a broken leg..not much else I can do!

anyone else playing? I can't stop! :)

KattyZak
12-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Do you have Target because I didn't have that yet but I saw Target tonight and was like bingo - another one. I like word games today, just not sure I am going to challenge you or not.

anitastreet
12-13-2007, 09:42 PM
lol..no, I don't have that one yet......I get on a tangent..finding words that sound alike or look alike...

I am using several versions of simalar words (hiked, hiker, hiking...
faster, fastest

anitastreet
12-13-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm at 874... I should be scrapping! but I keep thinking of words....this is addictive!

mosser77
12-14-2007, 03:02 AM
I hereby bow out of this competition...I'm no match for you two!

KattyZak
12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=anitastreet;54234]lol..no, I don't have that one yet......I get on a tangent..finding words that sound alike or look alike...

I am using several versions of simalar words (hiked, hiker, hiking...
faster, fastest[/QUOTE

I know what you mean. It is highly addictive.

HollyS
12-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow.............! You have how many words girls???? I'm gonna sit back and eat some popcorn and watch with thrill as to who ends up with the most!

Good luck!

anitastreet
12-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Wow.............! You have how many words girls???? I'm gonna sit back and eat some popcorn and watch with thrill as to who ends up with the most!

Good luck!

I now have over 1000...I keep thinking of words in my sleep, showering, getting the girls ready for school ...everything I read...heck, even browsed the store last night looking at kits and came across some I didn't have yet... orange and spice :) the possiblities are endless!
thankfully I'm doing it in alphabetical order..because I can't remember all the ones I've come up with!

Is anyone else out there playing besides me and Kathy?

make that over 1300! (who is going to check this list? :)

KattyZak
12-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Anita, you crack me up. I've only added a few.
Should have started alphabetically, too, because I wonder about that, too.

anitastreet
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
I just feel I have to keep going...someone might have more :) you never know who's lurking out there! haha

now I just hope I remember to send it to Elaine!

emst
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
You girls are cracking me up with this. Gwen and I thought there would be maybe a 100 or so with them having to be at least 5 letters long. Goes to show our intelligence. Are you two sleeping with a dictionary? Like Holly I'm going to sit back and let you have at it. Send your lists to Gwen, don't tell her I told you that though. LOL

emst
12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
I just feel I have to keep going...someone might have more :) you never know who's lurking out there! haha

now I just hope I remember to send it to Elaine!

Copy and paste it to wordperfect and then send it through Hello, hope everyone has numberd them. LOL
Yup you are both nuts.

anitastreet
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Copy and paste it to wordperfect and then send it through Hello, hope everyone has numberd them. LOL
Yup you are both nuts.

I don't have wordperfect or hello!

can I send it in email? (I promise I don't send a bunch of junk mail I won't send anything but this) :)

gigichet
12-14-2007, 05:35 PM
You girls are cracking me up with this. Gwen and I thought there would be maybe a 100 or so with them having to be at least 5 letters long. Goes to show our intelligence. Are you two sleeping with a dictionary? Like Holly I'm going to sit back and let you have at it. Send your lists to Gwen, don't tell her I told you that though. LOL

okay I finally got a break from playing with Caleb and ummmmmm Elaine you have been busted. Maybe if we both add up the words we can come to a grand total. Boy it sounds as if you girls are really going to town on this one. Have fun...

emst
12-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Go ahead Anita I'll let you email me. PM me first so that I can give you my email address.
Did you see I got busted by Gwen?

I don't have wordperfect or hello!

can I send it in email? (I promise I don't send a bunch of junk mail I won't send anything but this) :)

KattyZak
12-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Can I fax mine? I just rewrote all of mine. I write faster than I type.
But I am no where near 1,000. Yikes.

mosser77
12-15-2007, 05:53 AM
I now have over 1000...I keep thinking of words in my sleep, showering, getting the girls ready for school ...everything I read...heck, even browsed the store last night looking at kits and came across some I didn't have yet... orange and spice :) the possiblities are endless!
thankfully I'm doing it in alphabetical order..because I can't remember all the ones I've come up with!

I did the same thing, Anita! I was working on the list while watching Survivor, and listening intently to see if anyone said a word that would work, LOL!

KattyZak
12-15-2007, 06:11 AM
My DD might be counting mine for me because once I rewrote I have no idea where I am up.

anitastreet
12-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I did the same thing, Anita! I was working on the list while watching Survivor, and listening intently to see if anyone said a word that would work, LOL!

LOL..yeah, we were watching a movie and words kept jumping out at me! Hubby looked at me and said "and you wonder why I don't want to play Scrabble with you anymore?!" LOL...he got tired of losing ... I think he's only ever one once (and he's a bright guy)

KattyZak
12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Miss Anita, tell me, what are your numbers? Wasn't sure I was going to play along but here I am with my huge list. My DH thinks I am nuts and DD ha thrown a word or two out there, but they both think I am nuts and I am beginning to think I am too.
DH as well as anyone else around here won't play scrabble with me...they won't even play upwords,
I think it would be so fun to get together and compare words...come to think of it, I don't have compare..ha ha~

anitastreet
12-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Miss Anita, tell me, what are your numbers? Wasn't sure I was going to play along but here I am with my huge list. My DH thinks I am nuts and DD ha thrown a word or two out there, but they both think I am nuts and I am beginning to think I am too.
DH as well as anyone else around here won't play scrabble with me...they won't even play upwords,
I think it would be so fun to get together and compare words...come to think of it, I don't have compare..ha ha~

I'm up over 2000...and still going....have to go add
TINSEL :)

Katie has been playing along with me and came up with my biggest word yet.... prestidigitation .. from a 7 year old!!

emst
12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow over 2,000 words, you really are addicted and then you pull poor Katie into it, obviously though for her to come up with a word like that she is enjoying this too. Oh boy, how many emails are you sending me with this list?

gigichet
12-16-2007, 12:20 PM
WOW....my hat is off to you. 2000 words and you are still playing. You are gonna have to do these in alphabetic order so that you don't do duplicates--that is unless your memory is better then mine is.

anitastreet
12-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow over 2,000 words, you really are addicted and then you pull poor Katie into it, obviously though for her to come up with a word like that she is enjoying this too. Oh boy, how many emails are you sending me with this list?
Katie loves word games too...she keeps coming up with words for me.

and my list is in alphabetical order for the most part AND numbered for your convenience :)

KattyZak
12-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I have tinsel but not that other word....not sure how many words I have...but I know its not 2000.

emst
12-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow, 2000 words, might take a day to look through them all. I bet at this rate even when the words are sent in you'll still be playing.

KattyZak
12-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Drum roll..........
Counted my words today when sitting down to Survivor's 3 hour finale. Up til now I have been eyeballing them.
And it was
So, back to work. Having a hard time remembering what words I have used and not used...yegads....
Got a lot more words over the next 3 hours but mind you, I had to recheck, recount and my new total is
So, I concede to you, Anita!
I know there are many more words out there but I have to move on and I know I could not type all those 1968 words.

KattyZak
12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
OK. I guess i wasn't done.
I added 112 words but I know one of mine, highly, isn't right.
So that puts me at 2079 or 2080.
My favorite word this time was dipstick.
And for Elaine...shrimp, shrimped and shrimping. :0

anitastreet
12-16-2007, 10:57 PM
OK. I guess i wasn't done.
I added 112 words but I know one of mine, highly, isn't right.
So that puts me at 2079 or 2080.
My favorite word this time was dipstick.
And for Elaine...shrimp, shrimped and shrimping. :0

lol..I know I keep saying I'm done and keep coming up with more words too...I'm close to 3000 now! Katie sat with me earlier and she kept finding more words that I hadn't!

It is an obsession...lord only knows how much time I've spent on this...all for a chance at $5...yet KattyZak, Erin and I are ALL Supremes...we could have been scrapping and getting FREE kits!!! LOL... I know I'm competitive but this is crazy...

and hmm, not sure what my favorite word is yet..chocolate? raspberry? yum! of course Shrimp, garlic and pasta are good words too :)

and macaroni, rigatoni, mostaccioli...and oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley.... I was on a food tangent last night!

KattyZak
12-16-2007, 11:16 PM
I love when you share your words. As I add another 36 words...what is that? 2116. Yes, we are crazy. OK, now I am stopping.
Missed garlic, pasta but had a lot of the noodles, dang, there is one, noodles, and missed all of the spices.
But mostaccioli, whatever that might be, has 2 c's.
Best word on this last jaunt was frantic and thats what I will be, frantic, if I keep going and not keep up on seasonal preparations.
This has been way too much fun.
Seriously, I am not fuming but I am drained and might get diarrhea and spasms as I edit this report while I search DD's stomach ailments. Her discomfort might be a habit and needs to be tested, and medications prescribed or I will get the tingles.
Most of the bold words were my last 36.
Forbid, her ailments don't require a colonscopy.

ETA colonscopy haS 2 C's...ok, where did the u in fuming come from....I am so done. lol

anitastreet
12-17-2007, 02:34 AM
I love when you share your words. As I add another 36 words...what is that? 2116. Yes, we are crazy. OK, now I am stopping.
Missed garlic, pasta but had a lot of the noodles, dang, there is one, noodles, and missed all of the spices.
But mostaccioli, whatever that might be, has 2 c's.
Best word on this last jaunt was frantic and thats what I will be, frantic, if I keep going and not keep up on seasonal preparations.
This has been way too much fun.
Seriously, I am not fuming but I am drained and might get diarrhea and spasms as I edit this report while I search DD's stomach ailments. Her discomfort might be a habit and needs to be tested, and medications prescribed or I will get the tingles.
Most of the bold words were my last 36.
Forbid, her ailments don't require a colonscopy.

ETA colonscopy haS 2 C's...ok, where did the u in fuming come from....I am so done. lol

LOL...you are too funny...thanks for the hints..and yes 2 c's in mostaccioli, another type of Italian pasta... we have 2 c's to work with ... one from Christmas and one from Scrapbooking.... :) and yes, I'm still awake at this crazy hour.. I slept too late and too much on Sunday..think I'll take a nap after hubby takes the kids to school!

mosser77
12-17-2007, 03:18 AM
You guys are too much! I think if we play this game again we should use a shorter phrase or one without so many letters of the alphabet. Like maybe this one: You guys are crazy!! How many words can you make from that, LOL?

emst
12-17-2007, 04:36 AM
You guys are too much! I think if we play this game again we should use a shorter phrase or one without so many letters of the alphabet. Like maybe this one: You guys are crazy!! How many words can you make from that, LOL?

Good one Erin, who knew that anyone would come out with so many words. I've got my printer ready, now I just hope I have enough paper for this. And Gwen said they wouldn't get that many words out of this using 5 letters

gigichet
12-17-2007, 05:25 AM
LOL...you are too funny...thanks for the hints..and yes 2 c's in mostaccioli, another type of Italian pasta... we have 2 c's to work with ... one from Christmas and one from Scrapbooking.... :) and yes, I'm still awake at this crazy hour.. I slept too late and too much on Sunday..think I'll take a nap after hubby takes the kids to school!

You guys are way to funny...and it sounds like you are a lot like me "Highly Competitive". Have fun and let me just say I am so happy that I can not do this one cause I know that I would be just as bad as you guys are....words, words, words on the brain...haha

anitastreet
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM

hey, is that a challenge? haha :biggrin:

okay, I'm emailing my list to Elaine...it's over 3500 now and I keep adding.. I'm gonna need a 12 step program!

emst
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Anita you're killing me, I'm still laughing about you needing a twelve step program, way to go on your words. I wonder how long this will take to download.

anitastreet
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Anita you're killing me, I'm still laughing about you needing a twelve step program, way to go on your words. I wonder how long this will take to download.

I just emailed it to you but realized I used my home email address, not my yahoo account.....so please let me know if you don't get it. I tend to use my yahoo address for all my digiscrapping stuff...as that address never changes :) but let me know if you don't get it as I'm not sure if you have a spam filter..I can't imagine what it would think of this list! haha!

babyofmine
12-17-2007, 10:18 PM
OMG!! :laugh: I was going to participate, but then had a question and was going to ask it, and then I read the other pages and found that I would have to come up with over 5,000 words to win (in about 12 hours) so I give up!! ROFL
:bow2me:

KattyZak
12-18-2007, 08:06 AM
lol..I know I keep saying I'm done and keep coming up with more words too...I'm close to 3000 now! Katie sat with me earlier and she kept finding more words that I hadn't!

It is an obsession...lord only knows how much time I've spent on this...all for a chance at $5...yet KattyZak, Erin and I are ALL Supremes...we could have been scrapping and getting FREE kits!!! LOL... I know I'm competitive but this is crazy...

and hmm, not sure what my favorite word is yet..chocolate? raspberry? yum! of course Shrimp, garlic and pasta are good words too :)

and macaroni, rigatoni, mostaccioli...and oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley.... I was on a food tangent last night!

2 C's? OMG. I so missed that but it doesn't matter as I couldn't come up with anther 1300+ words...well, maybe I could, but it would take way too much effort. Hardly thought of a word yesterday.
The good thing is I was so worried about DD's stomach ailments and was fearing it might be an appendicitis attack...it was just cramps. What a relief.
Anyways, very fun little, I mean very big game.
Congrats to you Anita.

emst
12-18-2007, 08:59 PM
I did get Anita's email with her list as well as another email from Liz aka Sexy Eyes, didn't someone say there was a lurker, LOL, it's a close one, I'll need some time to check the lists, all I can say it turns out there wasn't just two nuts there were three of you. I'll let you know who won as soon as I check the lists better. Thanks for playing.

anitastreet
12-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I did get Anita's email with her list as well as another email from Liz aka Sexy Eyes, didn't someone say there was a lurker, LOL, it's a close one, I'll need some time to check the lists, all I can say it turns out there wasn't just two nuts there were three of you. I'll let you know who won as soon as I check the lists better. Thanks for playing.

ah ha... I knew there had to be more :) hahaha..I should have kept going! I knew there would be someone keeping quiet :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sexy__Eyes
12-19-2007, 04:55 AM
:hi:

gigichet
12-19-2007, 05:40 AM

oh how funny...if you need any help partner just yell...have fun