PDA

View Full Version : Printing out L/O's

CrayonQueen
11-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi, it's me again.....:hi: I was wondering if any one here printed out their finished layouts? If so, does anyone print out 12x12? And if so, how do you print? Your own printer?( Can personal printers even print out something that big??) An outside source? Target? WalMart? Costco? And if so.....and....and....well I guess that's enough questions for now.....*wub

So far, the few l/o's that I have done, have been 12x12, only cause I have the albums to accomodate those pages (I never quite got into paper scrappin) and I would like have those pages printed out so that I can admire my handiwork (not!) whenever my little heart desired....hee heee!!

Patty

Phoenix
11-16-2006, 04:42 PM
i have never done it and no not all printers print that big but yes you can buy a printer that will. Some go to outside sources yes. I cant help you on that though because i am from New Zealand and things are different here

Debra
11-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi, it's me again.....:hi: I was wondering if any one here printed out their finished layouts? If so, does anyone print out 12x12? And if so, how do you print? Your own printer?( Can personal printers even print out something that big??) An outside source? Target? WalMart? Costco? And if so.....and....and....well I guess that's enough questions for now.....*wub

So far, the few l/o's that I have done, have been 12x12, only cause I have the albums to accomodate those pages (I never quite got into paper scrappin) and I would like have those pages printed out so that I can admire my handiwork (not!) whenever my little heart desired....hee heee!!

Patty

Glad you're having so much fun! *woot

I do all my layouts in 12 x 12 and it took me about a year to finally make the leap to printing... I purchased an Epson Stylus 1280 wide format printer from Staples for about $350 and also use 12 x 12 Epson digital scrapbook paper (matte finish) that I order from CompUSA online (half the price of the Epson website)... I was so amazed at how wonderful my pages turned out -- heck, I'm still amazed!!

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the actual link for you for that paper.... :)

Also, lots of people use Walmart, Costco, etc. as well and seem pretty happy with the results. Just a matter of burning to a cd and submitting it for print and you can do online as well :) Hope that helps and please holler as often as you need to *yes

Rebecca
11-16-2006, 10:17 PM
I print mine out on a HP 8750 (runs about 500 dollars) on satin something or other paper. It comes in 13 by 19 sheets so I do have to cut it down, was thinking of getting that epson paper though but the whole match the ink to the paper thing worries me. I have also had some done at costco and they do a great job.

twirlyjoy
11-16-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't print mine at 12 x 12 as the printers over here are twice as expensive as there, and even getting them printed professionally is a ridiculous price.

So, I create my LOs at 12 x 12 but print them out at 8 x 8. Then, I either put them straight into 8 x 8 albums, or mount them on 12 x 12 cardstock and put them in 12 x 12 albums.

Hope that helps :)

HollyS
11-17-2006, 06:11 AM
If you do not wish to spend the money on a printer...others have used online services like www.sbtoshare.com.

CrayonQueen
11-17-2006, 09:54 AM
I print mine out on a HP 8750 (runs about 500 dollars) on satin something or other paper. It comes in 13 by 19 sheets so I do have to cut it down, was thinking of getting that epson paper though but the whole match the ink to the paper thing worries me. I have also had some done at costco and they do a great job.
I have a costco very close to me, so maybe I will try to print out a page and see how it comes out. Have you issues with your printer not matching up the colours in your l/o's??

CrayonQueen
11-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Glad you're having so much fun! *woot

I do all my layouts in 12 x 12 and it took me about a year to finally make the leap to printing... I purchased an Epson Stylus 1280 wide format printer from Staples for about $350 and also use 12 x 12 Epson digital scrapbook paper (matte finish) that I order from CompUSA online (half the price of the Epson website)... I was so amazed at how wonderful my pages turned out -- heck, I'm still amazed!!

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the actual link for you for that paper.... :)

Also, lots of people use Walmart, Costco, etc. as well and seem pretty happy with the results. Just a matter of burning to a cd and submitting it for print and you can do online as well :) Hope that helps and please holler as often as you need to *yes
Yes I would like the link to the paper please! Would you mind giving me the pros and cons to printing out your l/o's at home?

Patty

CrayonQueen
11-17-2006, 10:07 AM
If you do not wish to spend the money on a printer...others have used online services like www.sbtoshare.com.
thanks I'll have to check them out!!

Patty

CrayonQueen
11-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't print mine at 12 x 12 as the printers over here are twice as expensive as there, and even getting them printed professionally is a ridiculous price.

So, I create my LOs at 12 x 12 but print them out at 8 x 8. Then, I either put them straight into 8 x 8 albums, or mount them on 12 x 12 cardstock and put them in 12 x 12 albums.

Hope that helps :)
I never thought about mounting them...what a cool idea, esp. since it seems that printing 12x12 is more expensive.

Patty

Debra
11-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Yes I would like the link to the paper please! Would you mind giving me the pros and cons to printing out your l/o's at home?

Patty

Truthfully, I see no "cons" to printing at home... it's convenient, my pages are wonderful, I can make adjustments immediately if I don't like how a printed page turns out. Print cartridges run approximately $25.00 for b/w and $35.00 for color and I go through quite a lot, about one of each every other month (might call that a con..lol)

Here is the link to the paper:
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=cat3&product_code=50330497&Pn=PremierArt_Scrapbook_Photo_Paper_for_Epson

btw- while I was there getting the link, I placed an order for 3 packs of paper - so 30 sheets and of course you get to use front and back so I count that as 2 layouts and the total was $37.77 (free shipping) so it runs approximately 65 cents a layout for paper :) ... just an fyi

NicholeAnn
12-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Not all walmarts do 12x12. I asked mine and they looked at me like I was crazy. lol

okblues
12-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I haven't printed any at home 12 x 12, only some at 8 x 8 for albums for the kids to browse through and a mini album for mil & great-granny. A wide format printer is on my wish list though.

Scrapdragon
12-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I have an Epson R1800 printer which prints up to A3 size, and I print my layouts on A3 paper and then trim the bottom off. It's one of the best things I ever got and I also use it for making A4 size cards now and then, and printing A3 photos of my nephews for my Mum.

island_princess
04-21-2007, 05:58 AM
okay i hope this is not a silly ? but I was wondering
you all say pring 8x8for regular printer at home..

does anyone know in pixels what that would be
I use PSP9 and my chart does not show 8x8 for some reason..
i got 8x10 i think.
well ya..i really want to try printing a LO..
Thanks

bdjeepers
04-21-2007, 06:38 AM
I guess I'm one of the few that usually does 8 1/2 x 11 or 8 x 10 LOs. The printer paper is less expensive, readily available, and I don't use as much ink. Frequently, I will print two 5 x 7 sizes on sheet, crop them, and put them on coordinating cardstock to put in the album, sticking them down with scrapbook safe double-sided tape. The 8 x 10's are good for framing, too, with so many frames available in that size. I can easily buy albums and refills very inexpensively for those sizes, too. We retirees have to watch our budgets carefully, so that's always a big consideration! Sometimes I'll do a 12 x 12 that's meant to stay in digital format, though. I've never printed one, or even an 8 x 8, for that matter. I always print at home.

In January, I completed a 52 page scrapbook for my grandson's pictures taken the previous year. I'm going backwards and forwards at the same time now, doing LOs for his first year and for this year. For myself, I made a Grandmother's Brag Book in 4 x 6 format so I can carry it in my purse! I did my favorites easily by just re-sizing the elements I had already done in a larger size, and printed all of them in one day, finishing that little 48 page album very quickly! I found Post-It note printer paper on sale for half price one day, so it was really cheap to do, and they came out great! I like to do duplicates that way, too, to put on my kitchen dry-erase board. I have a Canon i850 photo printer which I refuse to ever give up; even after replacing the print head once, it cost a lot less than a new printer.

I've been known to beg for the more unusual printer paper (canvas texture, for instance) and ink cartriges for Christmas! :twitcy:

HollyS
04-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Island Princess, just keep an eye out for a new service we'll be offering real soon!!!!

island_princess
04-24-2007, 02:47 AM
I have another printing ?..
I just tried printing a layout reg size printing size on Glossy Paper..HP printer..
and the color didnt come out correctly..it came kind of faded in some parts..does anyone know what would be doing that.or how to fix it..

bdjeepers
04-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Have you cleaned your print head? My printer has a maintenance area in its menu that does it for me. It isn't something you can do manually. That might help.

babydoe
04-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I scrap at 12 x 12 and print at 8 x 8 and I love that size. I have no trouble reading any of my jornaling at that size either. I print on 8 1/2 x 11 photo paper and then just trim them.

As far as the color being true, be sure you don't get your fingers on the print space of your paper--the oils from your skin can cause the colors not to print right on those spots. Just try to handle on the edges as much as possible.

jmgriffith
05-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I use www.sbtoshare.com which I saw someone else had mentioned it. I have had great luck with them and I know my SIL has also. It costs me $2.00 per page for glossy cardstock and shipping is $5.00 for the entire order (unlimited pages). I always try to get a lot of pages printed at the same time to save on shipping. The quality is great!

petitflocondeneige
05-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi,
Does anyone no a website making digiscrap albums? I've found a website making such things, but the size is only 8x8 (I'm scrapping 12x12), and the quality is not what I'm looking for.

TraciJ
05-13-2007, 03:08 AM
Have you tried Shutterfly.com? I know that getting a 12x12 book printed out isn't the cheapest thing, but I've only heard good things about them!