PDA

View Full Version : Help please. I can't use the gallery...:(

Jayden
09-15-2007, 06:52 AM
:sad44:Well, I tried a dozen times to get an image in the gallery. At first it would just go back to the first page after waiting and waiting to upload, and then eventually it started telling me that it had been uploaded succesfully, but then it would lead straight to the color challenge gallery and it would not be there. It skipped the page your supposed to get right after you upload an image to enter photo details.

I also have one other question. What DPI are yall uploading your images to the gallery as? Do you leave them as 300, or use a smaller dpi for the gallery only? What size do you make your gallery images too?? Do most of yall do pngs?

gigichet
09-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Hi Jayden,
I have the same problem with the gallery and it is because your image is too large. Try resizing it and you should have no problem.

And I always leave my DPI as 300. I usually leave the images at 12X12 unless I have to resize for the gallery. But for storing the images on my computer I resize them to 8X8 to save room on the computer.

Hope that this helps you out...

KattyZak
09-15-2007, 07:12 AM
I work in PSE5 and I resave as a jpeg file and then slide the quality to about 2...and that works.

Jayden
09-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Hi Jayden,
I have the same problem with the gallery and it is because your image is too large. Try resizing it and you should have no problem.

And I always leave my DPI as 300. I usually leave the images at 12X12 unless I have to resize for the gallery. But for storing the images on my computer I resize them to 8X8 to save room on the computer.

Hope that this helps you out...

At the moment I have gotten it as small as 5 x 5 and 125 DPI, and it still won't work. When I made it smaller to a 5 x 5 and then I looked at it though the viewer on my pc. Where you can click fit to window or View actual size, actual size still looks huge.

HollyS
09-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi Jayden, it all boils down to the size of the .jpg. What is the size of the last jpg you are trying to upload?

Jayden
09-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Jayden, it all boils down to the size of the .jpg. What is the size of the last jpg you are trying to upload?

PNG and its 1.90MB

HollyS
09-15-2007, 03:04 PM
png files are always larger than jpg in file size. what software are you using? I use Photoshop Elements and choose Save For Web and change the output size dimensions to 600x600 leaving it at 300 dpi.

tborntreger
09-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I use save for web too and choose 600x600, apply.. and soemtimes alter the % until I get my file size to about 150 kb. Hope this helps.

Jayden
09-15-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm using CS2. I didn't see the jpeg option. That is one thing I prefer about elements is I could always save as a jpeg for these types of things.

Thanks for yall's tips. I was able to finally get it up!!!!

Antje
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm using CS2. I didn't see the jpeg option. That is one thing I prefer about elements is I could always save as a jpeg for these types of things.

Thanks for yall's tips. I was able to finally get it up!!!!

CS2 is offering the jpeg option when saving as... - but I always save as psd and then open it again in IrfanView as I find the resizing simpler there and save it from there...