PDA

View Full Version : How to use a QP

julie04
09-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Thanks for this wonderful site. I'm so excited to read and see all your beautifuls layouts.

I would like to use a QP. How I do it? Is it the same as template tutorial?

gigichet
09-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi Julie,
Actually a quick page is even easier to use then a Template. With a QP you just have to add the pictures and you are all set. So there is no adding of things to the layers or any of the hard work. I hope that this answers your questions...

julie04
09-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Thank you so much for your fast answer. I will play with the QP of Fillydesign.

grammaj
03-22-2008, 03:53 PM
can u add to a quick page or take out anything?

HollyS
03-22-2008, 04:13 PM
you can only add to to it. You put pictures underneath the holes made for the pictures and then can add embellishments, journaling mats, text, etc on top. You can fold any of those in with the rest of the quickpage though.

marjnm
11-07-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm totally new at digiscrapping and the QPs I found were all so beautiful that I had to use them. I have a question regarding QPs that have two frames that are close together. My problem is that the photos underneath overlap. I usually use the lasso tool to crop the photos out and sometimes I don't do a good job with it. I was wondering if there's an easier way to do this.

daisydilly
11-07-2009, 05:48 PM
i find that this is a trial and error event. Sometimes I can crop one photo to fit perfectly then I just make sure the bigger ones goes all the way to the back and viola! the 2 fit. good luck and have fun learning all these new ideas

donakat
11-07-2009, 05:51 PM
The polygonal lasso works really well for getting a selection that is just a bit bigger than the hole in the frame, but doesn't go beyond the frame edge. While on the photo layer, select the area, invert your selection, and delete. Repeat for the second, third photo...

marjnm
11-10-2009, 04:45 PM
That's so cool! I'll try it out! Thank you!

dylabel
11-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I have found that the easiest way - perhaps not the best way - is by just erasing the parts of the photo that fall within additional frames. Sometimes you might need to zoom in quite close depending on the size of the frames.

I am all self taught so this is a pretty simple way to get rid of the picture quickly without bothering what needs to be seen.