PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Tip

grammy201
07-12-2007, 01:08 PM
All of my folders are in sub folders. For example I have a folder called GDS and I keep all of my kits from there in it. So rather than open each folder and look at all the sub folders I created a folder called kits. Every time I get a new kit I place the preview page of the kit with the kits name, designer name and site name in it. This way when I want to start a project I just look in this one file which has a preview of all the kits I have and choose a few and then go and look at the actual kit. I've found that this saves me a lot of time.

babyofmine
07-17-2007, 10:51 PM
what a great tip! :D Someone I know also prints out a "contact page" of the previews so she can actually flip through the pages. I think it's great! but I'm too lazy to print. :laugh:

HollyS
07-18-2007, 03:30 AM
great tip!

yin
07-18-2007, 08:06 AM
yeah great idea, i've been printing the contact sheet, but it takes such a long time!

Cherry47
07-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'm still trying to organize.

Helen
07-18-2007, 09:29 AM
great tip! thanks!:vb_chirolp_iei:

sha
07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Thank you for the tip. I am finding that a major setback for me is organizing and remembering what I have and where it came from.

amyleigh1204
07-23-2007, 01:38 PM
I use Picasa to organize my kits. I wasn't sure that I would like it at first, but once you get through the initial organization, everything is a breeze! I have mine organized by papers, elements, alphas, QP's, etc. I just make a copy of the preview page with the designers name and save it with that group of papers, or group of elements. It has really worked well for me because I like to mix and match things sometimes. You can really organize your Picasa any way that is helpful for you. It has really been nice since I have been designing, because I can scroll through the items that I have made for a particular kit to get inspiration or see how things look together without having to open them in Photoshop.

Maisie
07-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm just helpless.
I have several organization programs, but use none of them.
So when I go to find some items to scrap with, and run across something I so forgot I had, it's so exciting!
"Wow! I didn't know I had this!" LOL!