PDA

View Full Version : An Explanation

HollyS
07-06-2007, 08:58 AM
As you all are aware, unfortunately we have had two Designers resign in the past week.

We want clarify to you that neither of the resignations are related. Just unfortunate timing.

The Designer's resignation yesterday came fast and without proper communication. Added to that, there was dishonesty and deceit involved and although now acknowledged by this Designer, in an effort to protect the GDS community, she is no longer welcome.

We are sure that you have questions especially with the recent technical issues, etc. and felt that since we are a close community here at GDS, you all deserved an explanation.

Thank you for your wonderful friendship and we look forward to getting back to the fun here at GDS!

alfenner
07-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks Holly for addressing this! I know you guys are busy getting everything fixed, and we appreciate your hard work!

amyleigh1204
07-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I wanted to say, too, for myself and I am sure the other designers would agree, the community here at GDS is awesome and I am committed to continuing to be active and provide the best products for you that we possibly can. If you have any requests or questions for any of us, please don't hesitate to ask!

ScrappinBikerChick
07-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I am with Amy! I love this site and the community here is wonderfully friendly. I enjoy cruising through the gallery wach morning to see how busy you have been creating such wonderful memories for your family and friends. Keep up the good work...and if you ever have questions, comments, suggestions or ideas...feel free to give me a shout :D Happy Friday!

bdjeepers
07-06-2007, 09:34 AM
That's a very unfortunate and difficult situation, but I'm happy to see that honesty, integrity, and ethical standards are in full motion mode here. It says a lot about you and Debra, Holly, and I'm proud to be a member of this community because of these high standards and for so many other reasons. The warmth of the membership here is so readily felt by anyone who visits. Thank you for making it possible. Hugs, Holly!

twirlyjoy
07-06-2007, 09:43 AM
It is such a shame that these things have happened so close together - I agree with what has already been said - Debra and Holly are fantastic - and we all admire you for your honesty and for being so upfront in addressing this issue - thats what makes gds such a fab site :)

yin
07-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Joy you said exactly what I am feeling. Debra and Holly are definitely the best, and GDS will always be this wonderful place to hang out with our friends.

tborntreger
07-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you for being honest with us! It will put a lot of questions to rest. This site in my opinion is the best out there and you reiterated that with your honesty and the expectation of honesty from all members and designers!!. You ladies are the best!

Our community will go on and we'll welcome any new designers!!!

HollyS
07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
You all are just too sweet! After all this stuff going on it's wonderful to read your comments of support for us and GDS as a whole!

Debra
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Yes... Thank you so much ... as I told Holly.... made me cry!

MaggieMae
07-06-2007, 10:16 AM
My only concern is that this thread ruins Brandi's reputation beyond repair and she has no forum to defend herself in any way. I have always enjoyed her sweet comments and just bought one of her kits yesterday. I will miss her.

Helen
07-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Thank you for communicating this to us.

We're here to have fun - so let's have some FUN!!!!!!!

There are a lot of great people at this site
Lots of great layouts to view and get inspiration from
Lots of great challenges here for July with great posting gifts
Lots of NEW products in the store
Fabulous Free Daily Downloads
AND there's a SALE going on now

you can't get much better than that!!!!!!!!

:party1:

dragonflyscrapper76
07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
I can totally understand, this is a difficult time for all of you designers and debra here at GDS...but let me say this...I love this site, and I will keep coming back, I so appreciate the openess and honesty you all have shown. Thank you.

ScrappinBikerChick
07-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Julie-
I don't think this thread is meant to ruin Brandi's reputation. More as a small explanation of the happenings over the last week. Debra & Holly are protecting their store to the best of their ability. And I know she, her comments and her designs will be missed.

MaggieMae
07-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Julie-
I don't think this thread is meant to ruin Brandi's reputation. More as a small explanation of the happenings over the last week. Debra & Holly are protecting their store to the best of their ability. And I know she, her comments and her designs will be missed.

Thank you for your kind and understanding reply - it's hard when you don't know the details and have liked someone. You're a gem!!

Helen
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Thank you for your kind and understanding reply - it's hard when you don't know the details and have liked someone. You're a gem!!

I agree....thanks Jessica for your response.

Maisie
07-06-2007, 11:34 AM
This is sad.
Because we are a big family, and we are all friends, it is especially painful.
Debra and Holly are the best. I love my second home here.
I wish nothing but the best for Brandi in the future.
We will mis her.

bdjeepers
07-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Traci? What about Traci?

Maisie
07-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Man...
I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm sorry.
I know Traci and Brandi are friends, and Traci resigned from the ST yesterday.
So I was making assumptions. Please disregard them, OK?

HollyS
07-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh she's just about to have her baby so she asked to be relieved from the Supreme Team :) I'm sure she'll still be around and will have tons of beautiful pics to scrap of that precious little one that is about to enter into her life!

bdjeepers
07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm sure there are very different circumstances here which are unrelated; I am just concerned about Traci, as I know she is miserable waiting for this new baby. I hadn't seen anything about Traci resigning from the ST, but I can understand why she might do that, feeling as badly as she does during her pregnancy. As for me, I can for sure give her some leeway in her responsibilities on the ST if she'll reconsider; we can afford to wait for her to feel better, can't we? I'm feeling so sad for her!
:sad44:

HollyS
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
We absolutely feel the same way and have extended that offer to her ... it's totally up to her. :)

bdjeepers
07-06-2007, 12:38 PM
We absolutely feel the same way and have extended that offer to her ... it's totally up to her. :)

YAY! I'm so glad to hear that! I'd like to turn this thread into something more positive and suggest that we all PM Traci and let her know that there's no way we're letting go of her! She worked hard for the ST crown and deserves to wear it all the way to the end of the STII term. She's been such a good cheerleader, a source of tremendous fun and humor, and an inspiration in her wonderful layouts. Nope, I'm just not letting her go quietly! (It's the pregger hormones, Traci - it'll pass - soon, hopefully!) We all love you!

:love-smiley-011: :love-smiley-011: :love-smiley-011:

alfenner
07-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Great idea Barbara! Off to PM her!

gigichet
07-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Thank you Holly and Debra for all of your honesty and hard work at keeping the site running so smoothly. I know that you both spend many, many hours working behind the scenes that we all never see to keep GDS what it is today and I for one greatly appreciate everything that you do for all of us.

Thank you for providing me with a safe and secure site where I can come and play. Where I can post a challenge or a layout or two, join in on a chat and just enjoy my new addiction to digital scrapping. Thank you for providing you with my home away from home...

Maisie
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Exactly what I wanted to say.
Couldn't find the words, so I'll borrow Gigichet's!

Me Too!

Thank you Holly and Debra for all of your honesty and hard work at keeping the site running so smoothly. I know that you both spend many, many hours working behind the scenes that we all never see to keep GDS what it is today and I for one greatly appreciate everything that you do for all of us.

TraciJ
07-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Ok all, thank you for all the well wishes ... and yes, I did resign from the ST, only because I don't want to be there in name only. I did "earn" it .. and was on it for a month until all this happened with little Hayes! (who by the way, is now supposedly an over 10 pounder ... his measurements as of today are all off the charts ... except for one leg that's measurung at 41.5 weeks ... which put my due date at June 28th :laugh:!!)

Might I please remind all of you, regarding the situation mentioned here, that there are three sides to every story. There's the sides that are presented by each party ... and then there's what really happened.
None of us truly knows what happened, but I, for one, wish Brandi well in whatever comes next for her!! I wasn't leaving because of her, only because of my growing *ick* with this pregnancy!!

griest
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
I second and third (can you do that?) all the great comments above. I am an admitted "lurker" at most digi sites and feel that the one place I can chime in and participate is here at GDS! Most sites have ther few "favorites" and it is difficult if not impossible to "break into" the circle. Not so here! I love the friendly outgoing people here and the helpful community of scrappers who are so ready to share. Thanks for trusting us enough to share the recent news and set the record straight. Although it is unfortunate, things happen, and it isn't always rosy! But it wil get better and GDS will be stronger than ever. Hugs!

KattyZak
07-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Just wanted to say I agree with what everyone else is saying...especially Griest, above me. This is a great site.

bananna
11-22-2007, 10:31 PM
So, what REALLY happened? From what I heard, Brandi didn't do anything wrong. She was wrongly accused of screwing up the store, which I heard was an error in part of administration. So are you EVER going to come clean on how she was unfairly treated and BANNED from the site that she dearly loved?

I wish you all a good day, from a lurker here.

Debra
11-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi there lurker. What happened with Brandi was explained here in an honest post from Holly when the thread was started.

Happy Thanksgiving!