PDA

View Full Version : Artist Trading Cards?

Els AW
07-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but:
are there any ATC-lovers here?

I am planning to do a digital ATC swap: you have to make 3 different (!) small layouts on A4 - shrink that to 6 x 8,5 cm. print and glue it on a 2,5 x 3,5 inch cardstock.

Use a kit of your choise, photo is nice but not neccesairy.

Because I am visiting the USA in september, I thought it would be handy with the poststamps: you have to send it to me in Holland, but for the returnenvelop just add a regular USA stamp, because I will post it in Denver when I get there.

I will mix this swap with participators from a Dutch digiscrapforum as well, so you will get back some various ATC's!

Anyone interested?

Amanda
07-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes, we have ATC lovers here- just give them a chance to come in out of the pool, lake, etc! haha!

Els AW
08-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I asked the same in a Dutch Forum, but there was also no response.
So: nice try?

Yes, we have ATC lovers here- just give them a chance to come in out of the pool, lake, etc! haha!

Art for Scrapbooking
08-07-2012, 05:18 PM
That's a shame. At least you tried. I am not in the US so it wouldn't help me.

britnkaysmemaw2
08-07-2012, 06:32 PM
ATC's are fun to make, but I never got into the trading part of it! Sorry!

criostirado
08-08-2012, 07:10 AM
I LOVE ATCs!!!!! I can never make just one though.....they are like potato chips...cant eat just one..have to make atleast a sheet of them!!!

I think we should have an ATC challenge/swap every month!! **poke poke Amanda**

Els AW
08-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I am promotor of the ATC in the Netherlands (that's my job LOL!) and organising swaps and being addicted gives me now... more then 17.000 atc's!

Although I am switching a bit to digiscrap on 12 inch actually. ;-)

ATC's are fun to make, but I never got into the trading part of it! Sorry!

Amanda
08-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh my, I can't even imagine having that many!! I have an album of them, but that wouldn't hold your collection! I am pming you.

Els AW
08-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Oh my, I can't even imagine having that many!! I have an album of them, but that wouldn't hold your collection! I am pming you.

What is "pming"?

This is how it looks:
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-U84BKZIA-G.jpg

As you see, there is some space for more ;-)
But now I am only collecting atc's with real stamps on it.
There are three maps with stamps: Duthc, European and Rest of the World.

Art for Scrapbooking
08-17-2012, 12:58 AM
WOW those would be fantastic to browse thorugh.
pming means she is sending you a private message here in the forum. If you look on the right side up top you should see
Welcome Els AW and under that will be private messages in red. When you get a message it will show unread 1. just click on there and it will go to your messages.

Els AW
08-17-2012, 01:43 AM
It is fun to see all those little art-works, but I don't often do that: no time LOL!

I did see the pm, thanks for explaining! Just didn't know the word.

Scarlet 357
08-18-2012, 08:42 PM
I like making the tiny works of art. Your idea sound like a lot of fun, but since I live with chronic pain, I don't know if I can get all of those steps done in a timely manner. I've wanted to get a pk of the atc blank cards so I can print a few of mine out after I put a nice saying on each card. About resizing them, and printing them, then mounting, then postage and mailing to Holland ,was it?... I have never sent anything to the printer yet , so that would be a new experience. I'm really only interested in collecting the original sized cards.. 2.5 x 3.5 or whatever the accurate measurements are, as the larger sizes you are suggesting, sound fun ,but are to big for my space. My other concern is each designer's rules about making atcs and giving them away. Not everyone allows this kind of thing. I posted to add to the discussion about doing this and about atcs (I would love a monthly challenge for atc too) and to tell you not be too disappointed and always post your ideas. Maybe this idea may not work ,but your other ideas might work, so don't be shy to ask again. Thanks for trying to include us.!

Els AW
08-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Thank you for your reply, I really appriciate it!
I know the right size for atc: 2,5 x 3,5 inch ;-) as the promotor in Holland I always say: that's the only thing you hve to do, everything else is up to you.

Never thought a designer could have objections for using their kits on atc?
I mean: you don't sell the atc, it is only trading.
I would be pleased if anyone used my kit(s) on atc, I would see that as a compliment!

I'm not dissapointed, it was just a thought and a try!
Only because the worst part of trading atc is sending it by slowmail: the costs for that.

It may sound silly, but I'm not in for a monthly atc-challenge ;-)
I have s many atc's now, that I only trade atc's with a real stamp on it.
And for the costs to send it.

I stick to the largest size now: 12 inch!

Ingrid1963
12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi Els,

As you know I love atc's. You mentioned that you have posted this in dutch forums too? I must have missed that one.
Who knows, maybe there will be digital atc swap some day!
Put me on your waitinglist :wink:

Art for Scrapbooking
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
How about I start an digital ATC challenge in January and we see how it goes. You do need to be careful with designers allowing the use but there are a lot that do or you can make things yourself. If there is no swap involved you could use anything and if we do swap anything that allows gifts or S4H/ S4O would be ok. We can just see how it goes as I think it would be fun to have the challenge of designing traditional ATC size. :gogo:

Ingrid1963
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi Sharon,

I'm in. Looking forward to it :-)

Els AW
12-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Sharon, do you mean 'hybrid' atc's or digital?
Sending the cards by slowmail of 'just' posting in the Gallery?

I love atc, but stopped recently because I don't have enough room!
Must have over 17.000 now... :wub1:

To show some of my maps:
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-U84BKZIA-G.jpg

Art for Scrapbooking
12-13-2012, 01:10 AM
We will do digital so finished image with be 2.5 x 3.5 inches. If you want to add paint or anything hybrid that is cool but the end file will be digital.
We will put them in the gallery and anyone participating will get all that are created for the month as flattened digital files.
How does that sound.

Els AW
12-13-2012, 01:56 AM
That sounds good!
It won't take as much place as a ordner LOL!
Count me in!!

Art for Scrapbooking
01-08-2013, 02:23 AM
I have ti apologise as I will have to start the ATC swap in february. My son's house that he is renting while he is working in canada had tenants in who 2 days before christmass just left - they were hoarders and seriously it has taken us 2 weeks just to clean it out. I still have things to organise but am getting back on track slowly. I am looking forward to it so stay posted.

Els AW
01-08-2013, 02:32 AM
:wink: Things in real life are always more important than the virtual ones!

Ingrid1963
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
I have ti apologise as I will have to start the ATC swap in february. My son's house that he is renting while he is working in canada had tenants in who 2 days before christmass just left - they were hoarders and seriously it has taken us 2 weeks just to clean it out. I still have things to organise but am getting back on track slowly. I am looking forward to it so stay posted.

You have been and still am very busy!
Take your time.