PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite

Debra
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
All Time Scary Movie?

Rebecca
10-10-2006, 11:03 AM
OK I know it is lame but the exorsist. It wigged me out as a kid and I never got over it.

twirlyjoy
10-10-2006, 11:08 AM
lol Rebecca - I am even more lame - I HATE scary movies, so I don't watch them at all!!

Debra
10-10-2006, 11:46 AM
oh you know a really scary new one.. When A Stranger Calls... Scared me to death!! Watched it with Kristin and her best friend and we were all three screaming!

Debra
10-10-2006, 11:48 AM
OK I know it is lame but the exorsist. It wigged me out as a kid and I never got over it.

lol Rebecca - I am even more lame - I HATE scary movies, so I don't watch them at all!!

That one's a little TOO scary! My all time favorites are the actual Halloween movies with Jamie Lee Curtis... oh and although this wouldn't count as "horror" I love the Silence of the Lambs.. both the books and the movies

Phoenix
10-10-2006, 12:50 PM
The Grudge - stupid I know but I cant stand that sound !!! The ring..is a little scary.... Oh anddddd The skeleton Key - I got nightmares from that movie (at my age! sheesh)

HollyS
10-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Oh Ladies....one thing you should know about Deb and her clan is that they all SCREAM over scary movies then laugh them off after wards!

As for me....TERROR TRAIN! My very first scary movie I ever saw. Then I'd have to say JAWS cuz mom scared me half to deaf screaming and that made me scared!

Xaria
10-10-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm with Twirlyjoy. No scary movies unless you count the news...

I'm hooked on documentaries at the moment.

jen10510
10-11-2006, 04:35 AM

LOL I'm with you on that one! My dh sometimes gets frustrated cause he loves scary movies and I always leave the room when he turns one on!

Debra
10-13-2006, 10:56 PM
well I have to confess.. my dh is outta town alot right now.. and no way am I watching any scary movies here after Hannah goes to bed and I'm alone in front of the tv!

ckbymommy
01-15-2007, 06:23 PM
oh you know a really scary new one.. When A Stranger Calls... Scared me to death!! Watched it with Kristin and her best friend and we were all three screaming!

I know I'm late chiming in on this one, but since I'm new to the site I thougt I would put in my 2 cents. I love scary movies - in high school the whole Nightmare on Elm Street series was probably my favorite (it is pretty scary to think that someone can get into your dreams and kill you, LOL.)

I liked the older hitchhiker movies, so I will have to see the new one!

Deb, I'm guessing you are talking about the new When a Stranger Calls. The original was hilarious! But, there was a sequel that I would definately put in my all time favorites - When a Stranger Calls Back - check it out when your hubby is in town sometime - it is good!!

I will say, for scary movie enthusiasts, don't waste your money on Touristas Go Home, it was more of an action/suspence, not a horror.

Anyway, that's just me :lurker:ing around the forum seeing what I missed before I joined, LOL.

steph
01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Don't do scary movies... never have never ever will!!!! Not in my job description... lol

Stephanie

gundimom
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
That's easy, none, I don't do scary movies of any kind! Big chicken,here.

NicholeAnn
01-15-2007, 09:26 PM
My favorite is Psycho. I love old movies.

ckbymommy
01-16-2007, 06:28 AM
My favorite is Psycho. I love old movies.

Yes, the original was great, the remake not so much. Same with The Omen - original was great, the remake sucked.

My daughter, her friend, and I had a movie night and watched both the original and the remake of the Amityville Horror - I can't remember the remake being all that bad on that one.

Anyway, enough rambling from me, LOL. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

CrayonQueen
01-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I liked The Devils Rejects.....not sure if that's in the same catergory or not though.....if not then I vote for the excorcist

Debra
01-16-2007, 03:43 PM
I liked The Devils Rejects.....not sure if that's in the same catergory or not though.....if not then I vote for the excorcist

Oh my goodness...that one we ended up getting into late at the movie theater and had to sit in the front row..talk about horrendous..! It was terrifying in the realistic people can be so awfully barbaric sort of way! Like Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. not really my cup of tea.

Also went and saw Black Christmas.. pretty good actually although I was glad we saw it after Christmas and not before..definitely a Christmas spirit mood killer!

Now I'm waiting for the new Hannibal movie! I loved Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon..all time favorites for me... now I'm done rambling.... !!*wantmore *wantmore *wantmore *wantmore :lurker:

lindajd
02-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh I remember watching "I'll spit on your grave" and had nightmares for weeks!....Christine was another, I am terrified of Black Cars/Vans esprcially with blacked out windows...***shudder****rarely watch them now

ckbymommy
02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I watched 'Saw 3' this past weekend - not as good as the second, which I felt wasn't as good as the first. They left it wide open for #4.

I was supposed to see 'The Hitcher' with some girlfriends last night, but the stupid weatherman scared us into staying in (blowing snow advisory) so we re-scheduled for next wednesday, can't wait.:popcorn:

gundimom
02-02-2007, 08:21 PM
The only scary movie I have seen in recent years ( and really not that recent) was Ransom with Mel Gibson and that was partly because, I just had a new baby, was a first time mom and that whole thing just freaked me out!

neeka27
02-14-2007, 04:21 PM
i'm the biggest scardey cat... I'll say "The Ring"

yin
02-15-2007, 04:08 AM
I DO NOT like scary movies. Never seen one since the first ALIEN movie..

ckbymommy
02-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Oh Yeah! I loved the alien movies!! I remember when "Aliens" came out - we went back to the theatre over and over to watch it! (That and Labyrinth - which we didn't go back for to content, just for David Bowie, LOL!)

Ahhh, gotta love high school summers - lazy, laid back, not a care in the world.

dragonflyscrapper76
02-15-2007, 09:15 AM
I would have to say the original Amittyville Horror, and a Poltergeist (the original) I can't pick between the two. I just love scray movies, my dh doesn't tho

Terrell
02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Don't know how I missed this post before. I LOVE Horror Movies just about live for them actually lol.

First let me say that my opinions are NOT directed toward people who posted about the movies but the movies themselves. Now that that is clear lol

Old Horror movies - forget it I don't even blink, nevermind jump lol. The Exorcist and Psycho etc never scared me. The original alien, I was just about 12 when that came out I remember people running from the audience when it popped out of his stomach lol. I just sat there and laughed as some were actually getting sick on their way out lol. I have seen I Spit on your Grave, Last House on the Left - both of which I believe were based on true stories as was Texas Chainsaw. Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things one of the first Zombie movies - talk about bad acting - but back when it came out it gave me a little bit of the creeps - zombies do that to me lol. I love all of the Alien movies but frankly Aliens (the second one) and AVP are my favorites. I love Freddy (nightmare on Elm Street) and Friday the 13th for the fun factor, sarcasm and other humorous things keep me watching them. IT by Stephen King awesome movie even though they did edit it to pieces for filming. (I also LOVE Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile although they are not horror movies) Basically I have seen almost every horror movie made, some I watch to laugh at and some for the sarcasm or creepy factor. Newer ones - Dawn of the Dead good movie even though they changed it from the original (nice to see Tom Savini was in it again lol), Stay Alive - OMG I love this movie! I know it's a little low budget but I just love it, great story angle. The Rings, not too thrilled with, Resident Evil - again a little lacking maybe with acting but I LOVE these movies (and the games lol). Thirteen Ghosts and House on Haunted Hill, yes a little older but two more of my favorites.

Now just a heads up on a movie which was very popular so I decided to watch it. I WILL NOT WATCH IT AGAIN! It has to be one of the sickest movies I have ever seen in my life. Although I know this type of stuff exists I don't want to see it if I can avoid it. Hostile - it makes me Hostile. I am just going to leave it at sick with a capitol "S".

LOL Ok I could go on for a few more years but I am going to let you off the hook (if you haven't already given up on reading this lol)*wantmore

Vissarah
02-23-2007, 11:30 AM
The grudge, the ring and dark water.. The japanese people makes good scary movies.

Vissarah
02-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I would have to say the original Amittyville Horror, and a Poltergeist (the original) I can't pick between the two. I just love scray movies, my dh doesn't tho

How could I forget Poltergeist?? It was realy good!
And The shining!

Maisie
02-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh... I just love scary movies!!! My kids hate to go with me to watch them at the theaters, because I'll grab them. I get so scared, but I love it!!! LOL
I watched Saw 2 recently, and then watched a Japanese horror movie called Eye 2, creepy. I love the old horror films, the new ones.
I can't chose a favorite, because I just love them all.

casey4
02-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Scary movies??? Not my thing.

casey4
05-18-2007, 02:43 AM
Now my sister -- watched Jaws when she was a teenager. Scared her so much that she would not go in the water. We used to water ski in the inlet and she just would not do it any more.

saraschlick
05-23-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm not a big scary movie watcher anymore, but the first freaky movie I saw that still sticks in my mind is "People Under The Stairs." Creeped me out! More recently, I caught "The Ring" on HBO. That was scary!

ckbymommy
05-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Ohhh - loved both of those!!

Has anyone seen disturbia? That's the one I want to see right now!!

KattyZak
05-23-2007, 12:12 PM
My kids saw Disturbia and loved it. Thought it was one of the best.

TraciJ
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
NO scary movies for me!! Can't bear the sight or sound of 'em .. and my hubby LOVES them. I have to plug my ears and go la-la-la thorugh it all :laugh:

nonita63
05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm not a big Scary Movie fan but I do like some of Steven King's movies

bdjeepers
05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
When my eldest was about 10 and his little brother about 5, the four of us went to a theater one night. DH took the little one to see Benji, and I went to see Jaws with the other. I ended up in his lap! I haven't watched a scary movie since, and never will again. I also love the ocean, but won't go in water over my knees. And I don't eat fish. Ever.

jillybean
05-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE scary movies. I don't get TOO scared, but I was seriously traumatized by The Exorcist. Something about possession terrifies me. And Japanese horror flicks are a little creepy, too, sometimes, but I love them.

babyofmine
05-25-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't really like scary movies, but I totally love The Sixth Sense. In fact, I love that movie sooooo much that I bought it on DVD (in 1999)...2 years before I owned a DVD player!!! ROFL
I seem to like most of Shamalyan's work, and still need to see Lady in the Water. I don't know if they're "scary" but DH sure calls them that! :D

TraciJ
05-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Shame, shame on you Julie!! What did you do for two years? Sit and look at it?
That's one that I liked too .. I don't consider that one "scary" at all!

I see dead people!

scraptigz
05-25-2007, 06:52 PM
i used to love scary/horror movies until recently. i made the mistake of watching The Hills Have Eyes that was the most disturbing movie i've ever seen!! it caused me no sleep for 2 days... i'm cured, no more horror movies for me.

i did like Boogeyman, creepy but kinda funny! my poor dh, though, still sleeps with a night light after seeing that one:lmao:

scraptigz
05-25-2007, 06:54 PM
oohh i love the Sixth Sense, the only movie that actually had me sitting there in the theatre after it was over just processing it! i didn't consider that one scary either... i heard Lady in the Water wasn't that good, and I was kind of disappointed with The Village so i've hesitated getting it.