PDA

View Full Version : Silly Newbie Question

Hellokitty1661
06-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I am new to digital scrapping and I am an addict!! I am more addicted to building my stash and sorting through old family photos at this point than doing actual lay outs, and I am trying to figure everything out on my own as I go.

So, here is a question that I have not been able to figure out....

what is a "tagger kit"?

I know I will have more questions as I go, but I thought this would be a good start to get my feet wet!

mama4bears
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
No question is silly! I've been digi-scrapping for years and I'm not sure what a tagger kit is for. Anyone?????
:eek1

Hellokitty1661
06-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one! btw mama4bears, love the siggy! The other thing I want to know is....what is a "crop"? or a "RAK"? I do know what a CAKE is! (but not how it pertains to scrapping, lol!)

Amanda
06-19-2012, 12:40 PM
The Digital Design Industry has standard sizes and quality guidelines. A "tagger" kit is much smaller in size both pixels and inches than a full size standard digital kit of 300dpi. The higher pixel per inch is for quality printing. All items here are full sized. :)
And, "Hello, Kitty!" LOL!!

bombalurina59
06-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Hello Kitty! LOL! LOL! There's no such thing as a silly question! :) Amanda answered the tagger kit question for you (actually I wasn't sure either what it was...:)).
To *crop* an image, element or paper means to *cut* it in such a way that it meets your requirements or pleases you.
RAK means *Random Act of Kindness*.

Hugs
Andrea

norskinus
06-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Hmm, I didn't know about RAK and a tagger kit. All those abbreviations are for the most part unknown to me. Is there a list of them here on the site? Seems like I've seen that somewhere....

norskinus
06-19-2012, 01:23 PM
http://godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669&highlight=abbreviations

and here is the answer to my own question....LOL. Search before you ask, right?

Precepts and Promises
06-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one! btw mama4bears, love the siggy! The other thing I want to know is....what is a "crop"? or a "RAK"? I do know what a CAKE is! (but not how it pertains to scrapping, lol!)

A "crop" is a hold-over term from the days of paper scrapping, when we literally cropped photo after photo! In digi, it's just a term that means a group getting together, either on the computer or in real life, to scrap.

RAK stands for random act of kindness, ie. a freebie usually. We have them here daily, in the form of our Daily Download. :-)

I think CAKE stands for Create A Kit Event; a lot of stores have similar sales. Each designer makes a portion of a larger kit, and the customer can purchase just the parts she wants.

(Oops! didn't see the other responses! Sometimes that happens...)

PattyB
06-21-2012, 06:53 AM
The tagger size kits are often used for siggies (your signature which follows all of your posts) and for ATC's (artist's trading cards) but I prefer to use the 300dpi images for best printing quality.

Amanda
06-21-2012, 08:08 AM
I would not suggest using taggers for ATC's as the quality is not there for you- any way you look at it. :D Especially if you are going to print and do a hybrid ATC.

Amanda
06-21-2012, 08:09 AM
http://godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669&highlight=abbreviations

and here is the answer to my own question....LOL. Search before you ask, right?
LOVE that one, it was fun to read through!http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/artfulpioneer/My%20smileys/love-smiley-057.gif

PattyB
06-21-2012, 08:11 AM
I would not suggest using taggers for ATC's as the quality is not there for you- any way you look at it. :D Especially if you are going to print and do a hybrid ATC.

I agree! :wink:

ciocichar
11-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Patty, I see you have a siggy and blinkie in your post. Can you tell me how to add one for myself so it shows up in the forum? Thanks so much!

Charlene

The tagger size kits are often used for siggies (your signature which follows all of your posts) and for ATC's (artist's trading cards) but I prefer to use the 300dpi images for best printing quality.

Bright Eyes
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
As everyone has explained... "tagger" kits are usually done in 72dpi and can't be expanded for use in full-sized pages [usually done at 300dpi which will print nicely. If you try to enlarge tagger elements on a page size, they will look "pixilated" or blurry or full of dots.

PattyB, had not thought to use any tagger sizes for siggy but bet they would look fine if you set the background at 72dpi before adding them. Only have a few of the tagger sizes once I discovered what they were.

britnkaysmemaw2
11-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Patty, I see you have a siggy and blinkie in your post. Can you tell me how to add one for myself so it shows up in the forum? Thanks so much!

Charlene

Check out our Great Tutorials section (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/cmps_index.php?page=tutorials)!

I did find this info with HOW-TO as well!

Create a new document with the dimensions 1000 pixels high and 3000 pixels wide and 72 dpi, and then decorate to your heart's content! Then resize to 100x300 pixels, save and add to your signature!
Go to your settings page, click on signature, and upload the image just like you would with your avatar.

cjmmytunes
11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I am new to digital scrapping and I am an addict!! I am more addicted to building my stash and sorting through old family photos at this point than doing actual lay outs, and I am trying to figure everything out on my own as I go.

So, here is a question that I have not been able to figure out....

what is a "tagger kit"?

I know I will have more questions as I go, but I thought this would be a good start to get my feet wet!

I am also a digi-scrapping newbie and spend my time on the computer either scanning in old photos (have about 25 or more albums to do), looking for stash, and reading this forum after today - just found this today.